Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Act Growth Suite Questions

Highlighted
Copper Contributor

Act Growth Suite Questions

[ Edited ]

Looking to upgrade form Act premium desktop to Growth Suite Pro.  I have switched to another CRM in the interim and will be upgrading from that.

How does the email marketing work?  Do I need to setup my domain's mail servers through Act or do they go through Act's servers. 

Does the data (email, contacts, calendar) sync with Outlook365 desktop?  Does it require an Exchange server?

Can it import custom fields from Act premium or other CRM?

I was told Growth Suite is going away and e-marketing was going to be a separate module. Is this the case and if so what is the cost/time-frame? 

Will current plans be grandfathered in?

Highlighted
Bronze Super Contributor

Re: Act Growth Suite Questions

[ Edited ]

A lot of good questions.

This is like any 3rd party eMail marketing program except it is part of ACT.

The first thing to remember it is actually SaaS, meaning all content is on Swiftpage's server and not on your local system, including the templates.

My process is this:

1. Think of the subject
  2. Lookup the contacts that would be the audience
  3. Create a group for that audience and sync

We do not use any or very little graphics for better deliverability.

4. Go to the ACT training videos to learn the steps for creating a template and a campaign.  

Once you've invested the time in the videos, come back here and post questions on what you still need help or a better understanding.  

John Purdy
ACT! Premium V. 22.1.212.0 Update 4
HP ENVY 17m, 16GB, & Office 365, 32bit, 500GB SSD.
ACT CRM Advisor
Highlighted

Re: Act Growth Suite Questions

[ Edited ]

@jnpurdy wrote:

A lot of good questions.

This is like any 3rd party eMail marketing program except it is part of ACT.

The first thing to remember it is actually SaaS, meaning all content is on Swiftpage's server and not on your local system, including the templates.

My process is this:

1. Think of the subject
  2. Lookup the contacts that would be the audience
  3. Create a group for that audience and sync

We do not use any or very little graphics for better deliverability.

4. Go to the wire one to learn the steps for creating a template and a campaign.  

Once you've invested the time in the videos, come back here and post questions on what you still need help or a better understanding.  

Thanks for the traning video link jnpurdy. Actually, I was searhing for these traning videos / guides since yeasterday and I guess I've just found waht I've been searching for.

Thanks again.