Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Act! Doesn't save changes to records in history

Act! Doesn't save changes to records in history

I'm a new user of Act 2008 (although I used earlier versions) and have tried to find an answer to this question in the Help system.  When I make a change to a field in a record, shouldn't that change be automatically recorded in history?  It says so in the help file, but when I make a change I don't see a history entry.

Thanks.

Copper Super Contributor

Re: Act! Doesn't save changes to records in history

[ Edited ]

sgmellen wrote:

I'm a new user of Act 2008 (although I used earlier versions) and have tried to find an answer to this question in the Help system. When I make a change to a field in a record, shouldn't that change be automatically recorded in history? It says so in the help file, but when I make a change I don't see a history entry.

Thanks.

History is only tracked on fields which have "Generate History" marked as a field property. Go to Tools | Define fields... then click on the field you're interested in, and check the properties.

Here's a KB Article: http://tinyurl.com/43hgy7
Message Edited by DaveHenzel on 05-02-2008 09:04 AM
Nickel Elite Contributor

Re: Act! Doesn't save changes to records in history

If it is a history field (a field set to record to history) you need to go to the View menu and click the Refresh option to refresh your screen view. It does not automatically refresh.
Roy Laudenslager
ACT! Certified Consultant
Techbenders
royel@techbenders.com