Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Act Dialer Question

Act Dialer Question

I just tried to set up and use the Act Dialer function. When I dial a number it dials and connects and I can hear the contact, but it will not use the internal mic on my laptop for the voice. Instead it asks me to pick up the handset, which I do not have connected to the laptop. Is there a way to use the built in mic for the voice? I have skype and the mic works on that program for voice. Thanks!
Nickel Elite Contributor

Re: Act Dialer Question

Do you have VoIP?  I think the ACT! dialer wants to work through the modem port in the computer.  I have setup users to use VoIP and the dialer, but they don't use the microphone, they still have proper phones.  However, there is an add-on at http://www.123-addons.com/ called the 123 dialer.  It's free, and works with Skype.  Give that a try and let us know if it works.  Good luck...
Richard Brust
ACT! Certified Consultant
richard@rbrDataSolutions.com

I use skype for other calls, but I dont thnk my version of ACT supports Skype usage. I have this version:

ACT! by Sage Premium for Workgroups 2007 (9.0) (EX Edition) Version 9.0.1.162

Do you think this version works with the 123addons you mentioned? Thanks for your help.

Nickel Elite Contributor

OK, I've never done it, so this could be totally wrong, but...

ACT! itself does not support Skype - any versions of ACT!  It's the addon that creates that ability.  ACT! only cares about the function of "dialing", and the VoIP setups I've done, the addon is what "creates" a "line" for the ACT! dialer to access.

Also, it does not say it on their website, but from their other addons, and addons I've written, if it works for ACT! 2009 (version 11), it will most likely work with your version.

It's free, give it a try, my fingers are crossed...

Richard Brust
ACT! Certified Consultant
richard@rbrDataSolutions.com