Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Act! Crashing when you try to send email invifation

Copper Contributor

Act! Crashing when you try to send email invifation

Having an issue with Act! crashing.

Act! Premium Version 19.2.146.0, Update 2

Outlook 2016 (16.0.8229.2086) 32-bit

When you create an activity and tick "Send invitation e-mail" in the desktop version of Act! and hit ok you will see the process of creating the email and then Act! will crash.  See screenshots below.  Are all Outlook related bugs fixed now of is this still an outstanding one?

2017-07-26_12h20_32.png2017-07-26_12h20_41.png2017-07-26_12h31_32.png 

Thanks

Damon

Re: Act! Crashing when you try to send email invifation

[ Edited ]

Hi Damon

We address the issues with Update 2 for Build 8201. but the following week Microsoft released build 8229 which has caused new issues to appear.

While I know of issues with Act crashing when attempting to 'Write > Email (From template)' I am not familiar with this one.

We presently have a work around for the email template which appears to stop Act crashing when integrating by using either Write > Email message, clicking on an email within the Email field or using the Big email button from the top of the screen.

If you could try one of those methods and if they integrate correctly would you be able to try sending an email invitation after.

We are tracking issues of this kind at the moment and any logs regarding these crashes are greatly appreciated. If you would be happy to provide them please follow this article: 14398 Understanding and enabling Trace Logging in Act!

I am having the same issue after doing the update. The last time was 07/2012017.

The attached error message showed up after closing Outlook.

Copper Contributor

Hi @Horn

Got some log files for you.  Crashed it twice see attached.  Also tested the workaround and it seems to be working.

Thanks

Damon

Thank you Damon,

I have forwarded them on for further review. I hope we will have some updates to follow soon.

I am having the same problem with Act v19 service pack 2 and hotfix 3. Act just crashes when you try and send email invitation email. Any help would be much appreciated

Copper Contributor

Hi Mark

Did you try the workaround?  It worked for us.  Another customer had the same issues and we followed this workaround and also worked.  Not ideal but Swiftpage will hopefully release a hotfix as some stage.

When you open Act! and at the record view, click on the email button and a blank email should open.  Close this and you should be good to go.  Also this issue only happens if you are using Outlook 2016.

Thanks

Damon

Thank you for your help. I will give it a go