Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Act! Contact Record Limit

Tuned Listener

Act! Contact Record Limit

We have Act 2009 (11.0) running on our server right now. We have had to make multiple Databases in order to handle all of our records. we found that Act! can only handle aroudn 200K records before it starts to really choke up and slow down. These records have no notes, no history's, no activities... nothing. Just a few field fileld in. (company, phone, contact, email, state)

Its a huge hassle having to constantly switch databases in order to find a certain record. Is there any way we can speed act! up in order for it to handle significatley more than 200K records? 

maybe a way to disable features in act to free up memory?

-Ian

Platinum Elite Contributor

Re: Act! Contact Record Limit

A lot will depend on what hardware it's running on... how much RAM and hard drive speed are important.

Also, for SQL to take advantage of the hardware and use more than 1GB RAM or 1 processor, you'd need to get SQL Standard

Tuned Listener

If i upgrade ram, get SQL standard... how many records you think act can handle?
Platinum Elite Contributor

There isn't a specific limit... performance will degrade at a level determined by system specs, network, number of users, how well it's configured
Tuned Listener

is getting 1mm records into a Database a realistic goal?
Silver Contributor

It is all going to depend on your system resources.  I"d sugest the ST (or Corporate Edition with SQL). We have had customers that have gotten that many conacts into a database. Actually in about 10 years of this, I"ve had 2 customers get to that level.

HOWEVER, I"d have an internal conversation to determine is there a BUSINESS reason for so many contacts?  What will you be doing with so many contats?  If sending emails, ACT by itself is not the right tool, if letters a good plan must be in place? Phone calls? can sales people realisticaly call so many names. Best practice might be to further qualify the leads and use a more manageable list size.  But, functionally, you may be able to reach that number.

Test Drive Act! and Quickbooks over Citrix http://GoTryAct.com

Jon Klubnik| ActTrainer.com
(866)710 4228

ACT! Certified Consultant / ACT! Premier Trainer / ACT! Hosting Provider