Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Act Companion

Accepted Solution Solved
Highlighted
Accepted Solution

Act Companion

I have ACT! Premium Cloud and have a question regarding Act Companion. When I open ACT Companion, open the contacts page, Is there a way to have companies show up by default instead of the contacts within that company?

Also when I do a search for a company, only the contact name shows up and his phone number. I saw in the tutorial that the company name should also be listed under the contact name. What am i doing wrong? Hoping someone can help me fix that!

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Solution
Accepted by topic author drhzmiller
‎09-06-2018 03:47 AM
Nickel Elite Contributor

Re: Act Companion

Hi, This is just an idea ... if you want to see the complete information of your Act! Premium Cloud database... I suggest using the Web browser of your iPad, iPhone or Android device.

To find out which LINK you should use on your mobile device, open the LINK that you use in the computer web browser and add the /m - as in the following example...

1.png

2.png

This way you will have access to all entities on your mobile device

FIRMA.png
Juan Carlos Otero Garcia
juancarlosotero@protonmail.com

View solution in original post

All Replies
Highlighted
Employee

Thank you for posting your question, and we are happy to help! In regard to the first item you mention, about changing the default view from contacts to companies, that is currently not a supported feature of the application, but we will be enabling that in the near future. 

The second item you listed about doing a search for the company. If you are doing a lookup, you'll want to be sure that the 'Company' filter is selected when you're searching on the Contact List view. The contact name will be the highlighted field displayed on the 'Contact' view, but the Company name should display right below, but do be sure that you associate a company to a contact to see it in the list view showing. If it doesn't show up, it could mean that a company is not associated to a contact. 

Please let me know if you have any additional questions.

Regards,

Jeff Hanrahan

Highlighted
Solution
Accepted by topic author drhzmiller
‎09-06-2018 03:47 AM
Nickel Elite Contributor

Hi, This is just an idea ... if you want to see the complete information of your Act! Premium Cloud database... I suggest using the Web browser of your iPad, iPhone or Android device.

To find out which LINK you should use on your mobile device, open the LINK that you use in the computer web browser and add the /m - as in the following example...

1.png

2.png

This way you will have access to all entities on your mobile device

FIRMA.png
Juan Carlos Otero Garcia
juancarlosotero@protonmail.com
Highlighted

Thanks for the idea. This is certainly a much better option than the ACT Companion App! I am quite disappointed with the lack of functionality of ACT Companion App!  The information in the App Store is either not accurate or then I don't know what I am doing. 

Thanks again!

Highlighted

[ Edited ]

Thanks for responding.

The app seriously needs work! I have been using ACT for a number of years but not the mobile app. My current employer bought ACT because I highly recommended them to and now ACT Companion is making me look rather foolish! Being able to use the mobile site as suggested by the person responding below certainly helps. I hope changes to the ACT Companion app will be very soon!