Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Act! Cloud - Auto Number Opportunities - Is this really so difficult?

Highlighted
Copper Contributor

Act! Cloud - Auto Number Opportunities - Is this really so difficult?

[ Edited ]

Hello everyone,

If using an installed instance of Act! there are various add-ons you can use to autonumber opportunities, Exponential's AutoNumber for Act! probably being the most well-known.

Swiftpage are investing heavily in Act! Cloud deployment, yet anyone who moves to this solution who doesn't opt for the Private Cloud setup, loses most add-on functionality and in 2019 users still can't have an autonumber system working for opportunities if they have Act! Cloud, at least not to my knowledge they can't. For getting opportunity numbers generated, the cost of private cloud isn't really justifiable. 

If you use Zapier you can create a simple, but awful method of creating an opportunity with an Opportunity number (See PDF).

Is this really never going to be addressed within the Act! program itself? 

Highlighted
Bronze Super Contributor

Re: Act! Cloud - Auto Number Opportunities - Is this really so difficult?

[ Edited ]

I have a client that is moving to V21 and will have it hosted by Swiftpage, but they are going to use a spoke and hub version configuration.  They are currently using Keystroke"s Number Generator for their opportunity numbers.  I've set a reminder for 12/4/19 to update this post as soon as I move them to the new version from V20.

John Purdy
ACT! Premium V. 22.1.212.0 Update 4
HP ENVY 17m, 16GB, & Office 365, 32bit, 500GB SSD.
ACT CRM Advisor