Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Act Broken Again

Copper Contributor

Re: Act Broken Again

Yes, that is exactly what the window looks like when this malfunction occurred. However, you suggestion is not a solution, it is just an instruction on how to change the window to the other forms. When you do this, you still have the oversized navbar with the other windows. Nothing changes. The only solution is to remove and reinstall Act. Something in the settings repeatedly gets corrupted.
Copper Elite Contributor

Hi,

I am having a hard time following what your trying to explain, take a look at the attachment I uploaded, is this the problem?

Kurt Rosemann

Platinum Act! Consultants
Kurt@ActiveSales.net | www.ActiveSales.net | 877-569-8005
Copper Super Contributor

Hi Kurt,

Your screenshot not not show the issue. Take a look at my new screenshot, it shows what I mean.

I know you can choose to select any of the buttons, but I want the navbar to be situated beneath the main tooblbar. And not at the left.

Thanks,
Inge van Gemert
ACT! Certified Consultant
The Netherlands
inge@inkey.net
Copper Contributor

Sorry. I'll try to be clearer, and (fortunately) I have reinstalled Act! temporarily eliminating the problem (which is not unique to this version).

Inge's screenshot shows the Dashboard view. Your instructions show how to reset the default settings to display the Contacts View when you login. (That is just a basic set of operating instructions). The broken display of the Navbar shown in Inge's screenshot occurs in all of the other views, too. So, even though there isn't a screenshot of each of the views, if there were one, the Navbar in each of the views would go to the top of the window, cutting off the data display in Contacts, To-Do, Opportunities, etc. There is no setting to change to this. It suddenly starts happening, without warning, and with no indication of a setting problem. Act is not installed this way, something gets corrupted (the familiar problem with Act) during ordinary usage, and then you have to, I believe, remove Act completely and reinstall. Was that a clearer description?

Copper Elite Contributor

Inge, Thanks for the screen shot, I see the problem you are having now, I have never seen this, this I don't is a preference. I am aware of the issues with previous versions of ACT! and the preferences, but haven't seen to many of them after version 11.

I will follow this issue up with one of the the third level support persons and see why your nav bar has moved up

Kurt Rosemann

Copper Elite Contributor

Inge,

Can you please go into tools, customize, and click on reset menus and toolbars.

Does this fix the issue?

Kurt Rosemann

Copper Contributor

Inge,

I don't know if you're getting copies of my messages on this, too, but I had this problem with an earlier version of Act. It seems to be some sort of a graphics issue with program (it gets filed along with the "Windows" issues, and the "netframework" issues). And like the other issues, Sage never got back to me on it. What I had to do was a complete uninstall, and then reinstall of the program. There seems to be some defect in Act by which files that contain settings get corrupted. I don't know what is actually wrong with Act, but this, along with the constant complaints by Sage about Windows and netframework, seems to be a recurring "solution". (Of course, I don't actually have any of these problems with my other programs using these components of Windows, so I guess that Microsoft must target Act for problems!).

If you do the uninstall thing, the problem will go away for some time until Act corrupts these settings again.

Marc

Copper Contributor

Cannot install the new SP1 update and hotfix.  What a mess
Platinum Elite Contributor

CharMartinez,

What is the issue or error you are seeing when you try to apply the update?

Greig Hollister

Note: Effective 6/1/13, Sage no longers provides support for the Act! software. This is now provided by Swiftpage.

Copper Contributor

it states that I have a previous version installed and that I need to uninstall that first.