Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Act Broken Again

Copper Contributor

Act Broken Again

What is wrong with Act this time?

The leftmost column (window), I can't remember what it is called, with all the shortcuts, has expanded to the top of the Act window. This crowds out the main window on the right. The File menue bar at the top is supposed to stretch to the left side of the full Act window. This happened in an earlier version of Act, also. What is wrong with Act this time

Copper Contributor

Re: Act Broken Again

This is an added piece. The broken window is the Navbar.
Copper Elite Contributor

Which version of ACT! are you using?

Kurt

Kurt Rosemann

Platinum Act! Consultants
Kurt@ActiveSales.net | www.ActiveSales.net | 877-569-8005
Copper Contributor

12.1.181.0 but this happened to me with either version 11 or 10, too. Can't remember
Copper Elite Contributor

Can you post or send me a screen shot of the issue, I can drag the nav bar almost all the way to the right of the screen, but can't replicate the issue you are explaining, are you saying that the nav bar has moved to the top of the screen? Also what are your DPI's set to in your display settings, if there not set to normal 96dpi it may be causing the issue you are describing

Thanks,

Kurt

Kurt Rosemann

Copper Contributor

I'm having the same issue.
Deleted the preferences folder but tat does not resolve it. No way to click and drag the navbar back!
Where are these settings saved?
Thanks,
Inge van Gemert
ACT! Certified Consultant
The Netherlands
inge@inkey.net
Copper Contributor

No, I can't. As usual with Act, I just gave up and reinstalled the program. What is it with Act? It constantly seems to corrupt the files with all sorts of settings and the only way to fix it is to uninstall/install? I vaguely recalled that I had this problem multiple times before, and have not had any problems with, literally, dozens of other programs on this computer (thus eliminating the convenient excuse that it is a disk error or damage)?

As long as I have you on the line, why does creating an item in Act from Outlook often (not always) bring up a warning message that I am using an unlicensed version of some other program? Is this correct or is this more data corruption in ACt?

Platinum Elite Contributor

Hello magreenfield,

I'm sorry to hear about the issues you are having with ACT!. In regards to the warning message you are receiving when creating an item in ACT! from Outlook, what exactly is the action you are performing when the error occurs? What is is the exact error message and to what program is it referring? Also, what version of Outlook are you using?

Also, please note that the service release (SP1) for ACT! 2010 that you downloaded was pulled shortly after it was released due to some issues that were found. There will be a hotfix available soon (exact date is pending), as well as an updated version of SP1, for users who applied that initial version of the service release. I would be interested to know what effect this hotfix will have on the issues you have been experiencing.

Greig Hollister

Note: Effective 6/1/13, Sage no longers provides support for the Act! software. This is now provided by Swiftpage.

Copper Elite Contributor

Hello Inge,

What your seeing is the new welcome screen for ACT! 2010, all you need to do is hit contacts on the left nav bar, and it will bring up your contacts view.

You can also stop the welcome screen from loading when you start ACT! by going to tools and then preferences, then click on the startup tab, look for log on settings, in the startup view drop down it probably says welcome, change that to contacts, and every time you start ACT! it will load up the contact view.

I hope this helps.

Kurt Rosemann

Copper Elite Contributor

Hello magreenfield,

Take a look at the link that Inge posted, is the same issue you were having? If so read my response to him and it should help.

Waiting on a reply from you on the error message that you are receiving with outlook

Kurt Rosemann