Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Act 2012Premium Via Web Access

Act 2012Premium Via Web Access

I have Act installed on a server and database is shared.  I want to get Mobile access.  I have the link to the SP2-it did not take, said wrong version of ACT.  I checked for ASPNET and it was checked, but half grayed out.  Have to be configured.  I go into

tools of my ACT and the Web Site Administration is not there.  How do I get this so I can access Web Server tab...to go further

Thanks

Nickel Contributor

Re: Act 2012Premium Via Web Access

Hi

If you do not see the Web Site Administration within the tools area then I think you have installed ACT! Premium and not the ACT! Premium for Web. In the box you get you will see that there are 2 disks. You can check the version you have by going to Help -> About ACT! and at the top you will see the version you have installed, if it’s the Web Version it should have Sage ACT! Premium (Web) 2012. If it doesn't then you will need to un-install ACT! and then install the web version on the server.

I hope this helps

oh, the IT person installed the Windows version.  If I uninstall, will all contact that were put in and companies be

lost  and should each person do this and then export into different version?

Nickel Contributor

Hi 

You could always backup the database before uninstalling, but, all you will be doing is un-installing the ACT! application and the pad file and database files will not be removed from the server.

Nickel Super Contributor

The web version only needs to be installed on the server.  Everyone else works with the Windows version installed.

Rita Kogstad
RKA Associates
Stamford, CT

[ Edited ]

Edit 10:50am to add > Rita would this be what you are speaking of???? end of edit

Question in this same vein...

Have inhouse users with ACT 2012 premium on workstations.

Database (single one) is hosted on server via 2012 Premium install.

Want to add for web access.

If I replace the 'hosted' database act software from the premium 2012 version on the server with the 'for the web premium 2012" and then have the inhouse users point to the "for the web premium" version's database, will that change anything for those inhouse using the desktop traditional 2012 premium version or place any limitaitons on the inhouse users (administrators) such as limitations listed for those using the web access outside the firm?

I would like to avoid having to sync between the two versions if the premium for the web can host the single database for everyone regardless of the two premium versions they are using.

Thanks

Ed

Nickel Super Contributor

The same database on the server is accessed by the ACT! Windows client on the desktops, and by Web or mobile users if you have ACT! Web installed.  No synching required.  You will need to uninstall ACT! Premium on the server (only), reboot, and then install ACT! for Web.  Plan on the database being inaccessible until you have completed this operation.

Rita Kogstad
RKA Associates
Stamford, CT

Thanks Everyone