Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Act 2012 not recording activity from office 2010

Copper Contributor

Act 2012 not recording activity from office 2010

I just upgrade my office from 2007 to 2012 and for some reason when I send emails or letters Act 2012 premium does not record this on the lastest activity area of the contact screen. It used to do this when I used office 2007. does anyone have any ideas?

Scott Stone

Platinum Elite Contributor

Re: Act 2012 not recording activity from office 2010

Hello Scott,
There is more than one possible cause for emails not recording in history. Please see the following Knowledgebase article for more information:
http://kb.sagesoftwareonline.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/19948/kw/19948

Greig Hollister

Note: Effective 6/1/13, Sage no longers provides support for the Act! software. This is now provided by Swiftpage.

Copper Contributor

Thanks Greig that worked for the emails but what about word? I write a letter from to a contact using the write tab and other documents and use a templete and print out the letter but it is not recorded uncer latest activities. Any ideas

Scott

[ Edited ]

There is currently an open issue with ACT! 2012 and Word 2010, that printing a merged document does not bring up the history recording dialog box. The workaround is to use the Quick Print option in Word 2010. More information is in this KB article:
http://kb.sagesoftwareonline.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/26851/kw/26851

Greig Hollister

Note: Effective 6/1/13, Sage no longers provides support for the Act! software. This is now provided by Swiftpage.

Copper Contributor

Thanks again Greig that did the trick. I have one last issue you might be able to help with. Every time I try to log on to this site, I get a message saying my username and password don't match and I have to reset my password. Any help with this would be appreciated.

Scott

Looks like you are using IE9. In your internet options make sure cookies are enabled and add this community to your trusted sites.

Greig Hollister

Copper Contributor

Thanks for all your assistance Greig. It looks like we got everything running perfect now.

Scott