Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Act 2012 mail merge with outlook 2010 32bit

Copper Contributor

Act 2012 mail merge with outlook 2010 32bit

We are attempting to save a mail merge template that includes an image. Even if we keep the image size below 32k the image will not mail (red x on the receiving end). If we send the same email created in word with the image to one contact it will go thru but saved as an *.adt and sent to multiple contacts it will not. Any ideas?

Re: Act 2012 mail merge with outlook 2010 32bit

Hi,

We have the same problem. Is there any solution yet?

BWS
Tuned Listener

I am having the same issue but when I do the mail merge, Act says" Cannot open the item.  Try again."  I have resaved the template, taken the picture off, re-pasted it in the template file to no avail.  When I try to do a merge w/ out a picture it works.

This was an issue with Act 2011 also.

I have some templates that have images on them and I can't get them to work.  Individually they will work, but not on a merge which is very inconvenient.  A Swiftpage account is not warranted for me because I probably only have about 15 to 30 emails a month or so that I need to send.

Thought I would share my experience also.  Hope this can be fixed soon.

Copper Contributor

any options yet for useing images yet for a mail merge?...all the help files say it can be done...

Astute Commentator

Is there any news on this? We have a customer suffering from similar issue.

Unfortunatley, e-mails incl. pictures (irresp. from its size) always had a problem

in case of merge-es. It makes Xmas&New Year's Eve Greetings very happy

and I had Dutch customer having a marketing company in the Czch Republic who gace it up

and chenged from ACT! however he loved all ACT! features and was an ACT! fun indeed.

Sorry to say, Sage should concentrate on some essential functions taht should work correctly

under (almost) any circumstances. Well, any news about that? Txs.

Oszkár

I've been battling with this for ages and it's my single biggest gripe with ACT.

I have created a few test pages in word (saved as a .adt file) and inserted images using a number of different methods (cut/paste from website, 'insert image' from local drive, insert image linked to online image path) and can't seem to find any rhyme or reason why only some work and others dont.

Like many others, the cost for upgrading to swiftpage is excessive, as we only have a limited customer base, but the ability to send out striking emails (including images) would be most helpful, and indeed one of the primary reasons for buying ACT in the first place.

Getting support for this is like pulling teeth.  If anyone finds a reliable method of inserting an image into a mailmerge email, please let me know and I will be eternally grateful.

Will.