Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Act! 2012 and Microsoft Surface

Act! 2012 and Microsoft Surface

[ Edited ]

So I know I'm playing with fire since I'm using Windows 8 and I know that Act! 2012 is not officially supported.  Now throw in using it on a Microsoft Surface and I know I'm asking for it.  :-)

Has anyone else used this combination yet?  I'm runing into an issue where the fonts are really large and you can't see some fields.  In the image below you can see that the contacts phone number is cut off and the Notes and History tabs are there but you can't see any of the fields.  Have tried changeing the resolution but that didn't help.  If anyone has any kind of ideas possibly I'm all ears.  Thanks so much for any help.

Notes2.jpg

Silver Contributor

Re: Act! 2012 and Microsoft Surface

Make sure your display settings are set to defalt and not expanded in any way. (right click on the desktop, display)

Test Drive Act! and Quickbooks over Citrix http://GoTryAct.com

Jon Klubnik| ActTrainer.com
(866)710 4228

ACT! Certified Consultant / ACT! Premier Trainer / ACT! Hosting Provider

[ Edited ]

Figured it out, it had to do with the text size that Windows 8 is displaying at. (Thanks jonmklub for getting me thinking differently)  By default the Surface Pro displays at 150%, if you right click, go to screen resolution, click on "make text and other items larger or smaller"  change it to say 100%, log off and back on, you will be able to see the notes in the notes tab again as well as everything else.  Have to play with a size that works for you the best.  Thanks for everyone that took the time to take a look at my issue.

Copper Contributor

We have the same issues, but we use a 2nd monitor and have the same issues. Do you think I could use the same fix?

Thanks

Copper Elite Contributor

If your DPI settings are higher than 98DPI (or 100% - small on newer machines) then yes definitely give it a go.

worst case scenario, it does nothing and you just revert the change.

Cheers,
Jared Dalrymple | Technical Consultant | P:+61 7 3423 3551
jared@evolutionmarketing.com.au | Evolution Marketing Services