Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Act 2012 Premium - remove 1 contact from an activity series that has multiple contacts and multiple activities

Copper Contributor

Act 2012 Premium - remove 1 contact from an activity series that has multiple contacts and multiple activities

[ Edited ]

I mail a lot of direct mail

Every few days we import a new list of leads. We take the lookup and schedule an activity series that consists of about 10 activities. We schedule it by selecting all contacts in the current lookup.

Our mailing begins....

Then people start calling and asking to be removed from my mailing list...

When I open the contact and look at activities there are all the remaining activities....

(in a previous version I believe act 2008 I selected all remaining activities and pressed delete... And blamo... ALL the contacts that had the activity series no longer had it.)

SO MY QUESTION IS....

How do I remove I remove 1 contact from the activity series all at once quickly...

Right now I am adding an ID Status "do not mail" which we have to omit from the lookup results when we are preparing the labels... And it records a history as saying mailed even though it wasn't.

Any Suggestions?

Thanks

Brian

Platinum Elite Contributor

Re: Act 2012 Premium - remove 1 contact from an activity series that has multiple contacts and multiple activities

I don't think that's an option in Activity Series ... you might try using Smart Tasks and have it check the ID/Status.

You might post a request for this feature to be considered for a future version here -
http://community.act.com/t5/SHARE-YOUR-IDEAS/idb-p/ideas

Input from this web page goes directly into a database that management has direct access to read, and which they also track and gather statistics on. It also allows other users to vote on these so Sage can get an idea of the demand

This article might help word the request to make it easier for management to look at it:
http://blog.glcomputing.com.au/2011/01/how-are-product-management-decisions.html