Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Act 2012 Premium for Web and Sync with Google duplicates any Calendar Activity with multiple attendees

Act 2012 Premium for Web and Sync with Google duplicates any Calendar Activity with multiple attendees

I spoke to ACT customer support on this and was told I have to disable syncing with any mobile devices.  Everyone in our company has a smartphone and iPad with the GMail app for e-mail and calendar.  Once we installed Act and started syncing it with Google via the Act Integration Service it began duplicating these events, some over a thousand times!!!  No longer having users receive e-mails and update their calendars on their mobile devices is not a viable solution so I am hoping someone out here has a better solution.  It does appear to only be events with multiple attendees.  Please help!  Thanks!

Platinum Elite Contributor

Re: Act 2012 Premium for Web and Sync with Google duplicates any Calendar Activity with multiple attendees

Re: Act 2012 Premium for Web and Sync with Google duplicates any Calendar Activity with multiple attendees

So are you saying you have to disable the built in google sync on an android phone for contacts and calendars, and instead have to purchase this 3rd party app for $79 per user? Shouldn't Act just pull from and push to Google, I don't understand why a mobile device has any impact on this process?

Unfortunately, it's not an Act! issue ... there are many people who've be complaining about this to Google in online forums for some years.

Because Google doesn't have unique identifies or ways to link activities to contacts, it will, from time to time, either cause duplications or just lose data ... and there doesn't seem to be a valid way around it to keep it stable.

So you are saying any CRM trying to sync with Google would have this same issue basically because when Act looks to see if the Activity exists in Google it doesn't find it since the Google version doesn't have the same Contacts as the Act one?

Per Tech Supports suggestion, I revoked access with Google to all other applications other than ACT and it is still duplicating events.  Their thought was that it was related to other devices (phone, ipad, etc) also syncing with google but that is not the case.

So now 4 phone calls and almost 7 hours with tech support of varying levels and I am told it is a known issue to use Google Calendar with Scheduling and Act together.  If you want to use Google Calendar but not schedule events with multiple people then it will work ok... who doesn't use scheduling?  This is a huge bug and they do not have an anticipated date to resolve it and are not currently working on it even!  I am not sure how they can claim to integrate with google if they do not support this feature which is really one of the top reasons for a CRM!

So are you trying to tell me another CRM like SalesForce would have the same issue?

Doesn't even need another app ... look on Google for Google calendar duplicating ... you'll find plenty with the same issues