Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Act 2012 Premium (Web) Emails not showing in History

Accepted Solution Solved
Copper Contributor
Accepted Solution

Act 2012 Premium (Web) Emails not showing in History

Using Act 2012 Premium (access via web) and Outlook 2007.

I have only had this running for the last 60 days.  When It was first installed, my emails were being attached to the Contacts History.  Now though, the emails are no longer being attached.  I am on a workstation running Act in a browser.

I have all of the Act icons in Outlook.  If I click the Attach to Act Premium (Web) contacts or the Quck Attach to Act Premium (Web) though the email is not recorded in the contacts history.

I do the dialog box to select the contact where I want the email attached.

Should the email attach automatically upon creation?  Or must they be manually attached??  (Although I'm having no success with either method...)

I can sychronize contacts nominally between Act and Outlook.

Accepted Solutions
Solution
Accepted by topic author xd40c
‎09-25-2015 03:20 AM
Copper Contributor

Re: Act 2012 Premium (Web) Emails not showing in History

OK here is my fix:

I created a Rule to run on incoming and a separare Rule for outgoing email.  Now all incoming and outgoing emails are stored in Act!.  (Provided the email addresses match---see next paragraph.)

After creating the Rule though, I noticed a contacts email did not record with history, this was on an incoming email.  Turns out this particular contact has two email addresses, she sent from one, adn i had the other in Act!.  I tried to manually attach the email and no luck.  I changed the email in Act! and it did record properly.  Go figure...

View solution in original post

All Replies
Platinum Super Contributor

Check the Task Manager and see if 'APFW.Outlook.Service.exe' is running.

If not running, has it been disabled through the Windows System Configuration utility (msconfig)?
Greg Martin
Sage
Copper Contributor

Yes, it is running.

Copper Contributor

Anything else here that I can look at???  I really need this to function properly.

Copper Contributor

I have figured out that I can attach items that are in the Iinbox folder (items I have recieved).  I have successfully atteched them to both My Record and the Contact who sent the email.

But items in the Sent Items folder; well those seem to be the ones I can't attach.  (These emails are not automatically attaching to History upon creation.)

Why would the Outlook folder matter to getting the emails attached?

Bronze Elite Contributor

1. Do some sent email attach to ACT! contact records but others do not?

2. Is the sent email being initiated from ACT!, for example clicking on an email address in an ACT! email field, or is it being sent direct from Outlook?

Graeme Leo
Xact Software - consultants and developers
Follow us on Twitter and check out our Blog

Copper Contributor

Occasionally one will attach.  But I haven't been able to attach one in several days.

Yes, I am initiating the email from Act!.  I click the email field on the Contact window or from the Contact list and Outlook 2007 opens and ready for me to send the email.

As an aside, I set up a Rule per Answer ID 23020 to attach incoming emails to Contacts and, so far,  that seems to be working nominally.

Bronze Elite Contributor

Setup another Outlook profile and test with that. Intermittent attaching could indicate that Outlook is where the problem is.  

Graeme Leo

Solution
Accepted by topic author xd40c
‎09-25-2015 03:20 AM
Copper Contributor

OK here is my fix:

I created a Rule to run on incoming and a separare Rule for outgoing email.  Now all incoming and outgoing emails are stored in Act!.  (Provided the email addresses match---see next paragraph.)

After creating the Rule though, I noticed a contacts email did not record with history, this was on an incoming email.  Turns out this particular contact has two email addresses, she sent from one, adn i had the other in Act!.  I tried to manually attach the email and no luck.  I changed the email in Act! and it did record properly.  Go figure...

Bronze Elite Contributor

That doesn't explain why, when you originate an email by clicking on the email address in ACT! it doesn't attach.

Be aware that ACT! has a delay in which an attachment 'commits' to the SQL tables. If you move out of a record then back into it you may well see the email appear. The  action of moving to another record forces a commit, a forced save, so to speak. 

On the issue of people having multiple email addresses, this is always a point to look out for. In our own database we have three email fields which generally is sufficient to store all alternatives a person may have.

Graeme Leo