Do you mean 

Act! 2012 Premium - Network Sync Update Breaks Install

Copper Contributor

Act! 2012 Premium - Network Sync Update Breaks Install

[ Edited ]

I just updated the Network Sync application with this update:

Sage ACT! 2012 Premium SP2 Network Sync Service

http://download.act.com/actpartners/downloads/2012/ACT_Network_Sync_14.2.exe

After the update, the service will not start and I get the following error message:

5-11-2012 9-50-54 AM.png

If I uninstall Network Sync and re-install the previous version, it works agian.

Is this update only for (access via web) or is it for either version of Act!?

Platinum Elite Contributor

Re: Act! 2012 Premium - Network Sync Update Breaks Install

[ Edited ]

Hello jeffshead,
This message would indicate an access issue on the local machine, and is mot likely caused by User Account Control. Right-click on the service from the Programs list on your Start Menu, select Properties, go to the Compatibility tab, and check the box to Run As Administrator. Save your settings and start the sync service. If this does not resolve, then disable User Account Control per the instructions in this Knowledgebase article:
http://kb.Sagesoftwareonline.com/cgi-bin/Sagesoftwareonline.cfg/php/enduser/std_adp.php?p_faqid=2566...

Greig Hollister

Note: Effective 6/1/13, Sage no longers provides support for the Act! software. This is now provided by Swiftpage.

Copper Contributor

Re: Act! 2012 Premium - Network Sync Update Breaks Install

Greig, thanks for the replay.

I just re-installed the update for the fourth time and it worked. I did not have to use the compatability setting.

I don't know what the problam was/is with the update but I did exactly the same thing each time I tired to upgrade so I don't know why it worked this time and not the others.

Very strange Man Surprised