05-02-2012 08:17 AM
05-02-2012 10:52 AM
A lot of times (almost always, but I never say always) the sync is working properly and it's either a setup issue, or a training issue.
Here are steps I would try if someone says they are missing someing when syncing
1) give me an example of what you are trying to sync that is missing. (for example, I made a note to Bob Smithers on Tuesday)
2) verify that the note is in fact on Bob's record in the remote database,
3) sync and check the master, is the note there?
Things that could be tripping things up
1) have both users synchronzed? sync a couple of times from both machines to be sure
2) any handhelds or outlook sync that may be causing or contributing to the issue?
3) Are you using sync sets? Do both people trying to see the info have the same rights to see the record. (to check, log into the master database with the user credentials of the remote user
4) are you using limited access, any chance the record, or the note is set to less than full permissions? again, logging into the master as teh user should clear that up.
usually that will explain the anomaly. I"ve been doing this a long time, and I could probably count on 1 hand the times it didn't. for the rest, recutting the remote databaser fixes things.
05-03-2012 12:24 PM