Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Act 2012 Create Lookup in Opportunity

Act 2012 Create Lookup in Opportunity

One of my sales people just informed me that when you do a search for opportunities the "Create Lookup" selection only works if you you have one opportunity selected.  If you select more it is grayed out.  This cannot be the way they want this to work.

2011 did not have this problem, does anyone know a work around?

Copper Elite Contributor

Re: Act 2012 Create Lookup in Opportunity

Hello Twightman

I am assuming you are doing a lookup of Opportunity name? And let's say that returns 60 If I highlight 20 of them then the create lookup is grayed out, but I can click on lookup selected and it does return only the 20 I have highlighted.

Does this work the same for you?

Kurt Rosemann

Platinum Act! Consultants
Kurt@ActiveSales.net | www.ActiveSales.net | 877-569-8005

Yes, when you select and do Lookup Selected (which is not grayed out), you can see the ones you want, but you can't work with them.  Once you click out of that screen you loose the lookup.

I have tested this on multiple PC's, so it is not just one bad installation.

Copper Elite Contributor

Hello Twightman,

Ok I have got what your saying now, in version 2011 when you hit create look from the opportunity list view window, it was actually doing a look up of the contacts highlighted, not the opportunities, so you were able to make changes to the contacts details, where is with version 2012 it's actually doing a look up of the selected opportunities- I am using the premium product but I am assuming that it would work the same with 2012 pro.

Can you tell me what your looking for in the opportunity, that you need to do a lookup of the contacts to edit, and I will try to think of a way you can get this done in another way, so are u looking for a certain sales stage, or maybe sales in a certain state.

Thanks,

Kurt Rosemann

Platinum Act! Consultants
Kurt@ActiveSales.net | www.ActiveSales.net | 877-569-8005