Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Act 2011 emails not attaching to history

Accepted Solution Solved
Accepted Solution

Act 2011 emails not attaching to history

I have a couple of users who cannot attach emails to history in Act 2011 hotfix 2.  I have verified all the settings are correct, but no luck on solving the problem.  I have verified in the histrysuccess.xml file that the emails according to the logs are being attached to the correct server and the correct database name, however nothing is attaching.  This worked last week for both of these users.  I have followed the troubleshooting document from Act support, however it did not solve anything.  Has anyone else run across this?  Thanks!

Accepted Solutions
Solution
Accepted by topic author rbousum
‎09-25-2015 03:20 AM
Platinum Elite Contributor

Re: Act 2011 emails not attaching to history

Just so I know exactly what you tried to this point, please verify:

- You went through all the suggestions in KB Article 19948

- Under these user's History tab, the filters have been set for "All Dates", "All Types" and "All Users"

For these user's you can try manually rebuilding their preferences file, per the instructions in KB Article 14770. In addition, if these users have Vista or Windows 7, try lower the settings for or disabling User Account Control.

Greig Hollister

Note: Effective 6/1/13, Sage no longers provides support for the Act! software. This is now provided by Swiftpage.

View solution in original post

All Replies

Hello rbousum,
Are the messages in the History Queue folder on the users machine? This would indicate the attach service is running but the messages are getting hung up.

Greig Hollister

Note: Effective 6/1/13, Sage no longers provides support for the Act! software. This is now provided by Swiftpage.

No, the messages are not in the queue, the log file also says it was successfully attached, but it's not.

Solution
Accepted by topic author rbousum
‎09-25-2015 03:20 AM

Just so I know exactly what you tried to this point, please verify:

- You went through all the suggestions in KB Article 19948

- Under these user's History tab, the filters have been set for "All Dates", "All Types" and "All Users"

For these user's you can try manually rebuilding their preferences file, per the instructions in KB Article 14770. In addition, if these users have Vista or Windows 7, try lower the settings for or disabling User Account Control.

Greig Hollister

Greig - Thanks for the tip on the preferences file. That did the trick!
Copper Contributor

Re: Act 2011 emails not attaching to history--NOT Fixed

I am having this samer problem...   BUT...the act database is on a server in my offcie and I am accessing this remotley  on my laptop.

I send all mail through my laptop OUTLook and noting shows up in history in the master database.

This used to work...now it does not.

I am so frustrated,,,help

Hello alkaye,
If your local copy of ACT! is not currently integrating with your local copy of Outlook, please see the following Knowledgebase article for possible solutions:
http://kb.Sagesoftwareonline.com/cgi-bin/Sagesoftwareonline.cfg/php/enduser/std_adp.php?p_faqid=1994...

Greig Hollister

Copper Contributor

Thank you....after readung the KB -   do I set this up in the local pc (server) or on my laptop?-- T

This seems odd...it worked beofre.  

Also..another sales person was doing fine and today told that the same issue is happening...

For the integration to work, ACT! and Outlook need to be installed on the same local machine. So if you have ACT! installed on your laptop and are opening it from there, you must also have a supported version of Outlook installed on your laptop.

Greig Hollister

Copper Contributor

I am a bit blind on this... just correct me... the server has ACT and databse...  our laptops have a local version of ACT and Outlook --use only use the server for the database...

am i to do anything with outlook on the server?  

several of us are using remote access to use this database while in the field...