Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Act 2011 does not sync with outlook 2010 for 1 user

Copper Contributor

Act 2011 does not sync with outlook 2010 for 1 user

[ Edited ]

Hi,

ACT 2011 is installed on the server in our company and we have 10 users using it. They all have outlook 2010 and sync with ACT. 2 weeks ago, one user started having failures when trying to sync. No changes have been made to the user. Replaced the PC with a new one, clean install, and tried again, same issue. All the other users are ok. I tried to change the range from 30 days to 1 day and still have the same issue. I tried only the calendar, same thing. Set him up on an old PC with an older version of outlook, still does not work. User permissions have not been changed, and in the DB, I tried to put him as administrator, still same issue.

Any ideas????

PS: when I check the event log, I find the follwoing message:

Log Name:      Application
Source:        Redemption.RDOItems
Date:          13/05/2011 10:06:45 AM
Event ID:      0
Task Category: None
Level:         Error
Keywords:      Classic
User:          N/A
Computer:      xxxxx....xxxxx....xxx

Description:
Erro during activity sync.
Range check error
   at Redemption.RDOItemsClass.get_Count()
   at Act.Outlook.Integration.Utility.GetOutlookAppointmentList(DateTime start, DateTime end, ProgressService progressService)
   at Act.Outlook.Sync.Common.ActivitySynchronizer.SyncAllAppointments(IConfigurationService configurationService, DateTime start, DateTime end)
Event Xml:
<Event xmlns="http://schemas.microsoft.com/win/2004/08/events/event">
  <System>
    <Provider Name="Redemption.RDOItems" />
    <EventID Qualifiers="0">0</EventID>
    <Level>2</Level>
    <Task>0</Task>
    <Keywords>0x80000000000000</Keywords>
    <TimeCreated SystemTime="2011-05-13T14:06:45.000000000Z" />
    <EventRecordID>2556</EventRecordID>
    <Channel>Application</Channel>
    <Computer>XXXXXXXXXXXXX</Computer>
    <Security />
  </System>
  <EventData>
    <Data>Erro during activity sync.
Range check error
   at Redemption.RDOItemsClass.get_Count()
   at Act.Outlook.Integration.Utility.GetOutlookAppointmentList(DateTime start, DateTime end, ProgressService progressService)
   at Act.Outlook.Sync.Common.ActivitySynchronizer.SyncAllAppointments(IConfigurationService configurationService, DateTime start, DateTime end)</Data>
  </EventData>
</Event>

Platinum Elite Contributor

Re: Act 2011 does not sync with outlook 2010 for 1 user

Hello montcap,
Welcome to the Sage ACT! Community. Given the troubleshooting you have already done, the issue may be with his Outlook profile or possibly his Windows profile. The first thing I would do is test using a new Outlook profile.

Greig Hollister

Note: Effective 6/1/13, Sage no longers provides support for the Act! software. This is now provided by Swiftpage.

Copper Contributor

For those who might have the same problem out there, I even tried to create a new user and a new email adress, and when I would restore the data, had the same  problem.

Well, I went basic, cleared the calendar and started copying month per month, until I got the error. Then, I started to delete the entries one by one until it worked and was able to find out the problematic entry, it was a recurrent task created in the calendar, when removed, everything works fine now.

Hope it will help you.

Hello Montcap -

cleared which calendar?? Act or outlook??

I thought these should merge properly...

Thanks for any advice!!