Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Act 2011 Premium - using network sync - main database does not automatically update - have to refresh to receive updates

Act 2011 Premium - using network sync - main database does not automatically update - have to refresh to receive updates

Hi - sync is working great with our remote databases, the only problem is that I have to refresh the main database to capture any new information from the remotes - there must be a setting I am missing here?

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks kindly.

Bronze Super Contributor

Re: Act 2011 Premium - using network sync - main database does not automatically update - have to refresh to receive updates

What do you mean you have to refresh?

Do you mean a screen refresh (F5)?

If yes, than ACT! is working as designed.  To maximize performance and scalability, ACT! does not refresh/update the data on the screen you are viewing until you move to another record or manually trigger a refresh.

What screen are you looking at when someone is syncing?

Re: Act 2011 Premium - using network sync - main database does not automatically update - have to refresh to receive updates

Hmm - that is interesting. When we were using Internet Sync (not network sync as we are now) the main database would automatically update with new data from the remote databases. I am viewing the calendar monthly view screen. We use ACT for scheduling staff with clients.

Kelly Patterson McGath
Bronze Super Contributor

Unless we are talking about two different things when we say "refresh", the pipe that the synchronization travels through should be irrelevant...