Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Act 2011 Premium slowness when switching between Contacts & Calendar

Copper Contributor

Act 2011 Premium slowness when switching between Contacts & Calendar

Client purchased a new Dell desktop machine. Their IT person installed their copy of Act! Prem 2011. Machine has 8 Gb of RAM. Windows Pro 7 with UAC turned off.

I viewed it personally when client switches between Calendar and Contact views. I ran Database diagnostics (clean-up & reindex) to no avail.

Shared database, but the slowness is happening on the "server". None of the other 3 workstations has this issue. The lag is especially noticeable taking 3-4 seconds for the Contact view to appear.

Has anyone else experienced this issue?

Greater Chicago area ACC
Silver Super Contributor

Re: Act 2011 Premium slowness when switching between Contacts & Calendar

Dell has had some issues in the past with bad .NET installs.  I don't know if that is the problem in this case but it might be worth a look.  Two other things to check are the page file size (make sure it is at least 1.5 times the amount of memory on the system I generally go with 2 times the amount) and the second is the video driver.  Make sure you have the latest update.

Stan

If you would like to get more out of ACT! you can find an ACT! Certified Consultant near you by going to:www.act.com/acc.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Stan Smith
ACT! Certified Consultant
ADS Programming Services, Inc.
(205) 222-1661
www.adsprogramming.com
www.actwebhosting.com
Click Here to Purchase Act!

Re: Act 2011 Premium slowness when switching between Contacts & Calendar

Hi, 

wellmet may be right. i would try to completely uninstall .net and install it from the bottom.

We have had questions about .net more often so we created a knowledge base step-by-step entry on how to do it.

You can visit it here:

https://kayako.crmaddon.com/index.php?/Knowledgebase/Article/View/150/0/how-to-remove-net-dot-net-fr...

I hope this does help for you.