Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Act 2011 Premium remove all delete permissions from Standard user role

Act 2011 Premium remove all delete permissions from Standard user role

Hello,

I'm trying to figure out how to remove the delete permissions from the standard user security role. I do not want users to have the ability to delete contacts they have created. Correct me if I am wrong but under standard user security role each user can delete thier own contacts, in the permissions area for users I don't see that delete has been added and I'm guessing that if it is added the users will be able to delete contacts others have created. 

I thought maybe if I moved the user to Restriced then added permissions to cover the permissions lost minus the delete capability it would accomplish what I needed. When changing to Restricted all permissions are greyed out if I try to add anything.

Is there a way to accomplish removing the ability to delete users own records?

Thanks,

~G 

Bronze Super Contributor

Re: Act 2011 Premium remove all delete permissions from Standard user role

I'm kind of stumped...

I just logged into a 2012 database as a standard user - I understand you are on 2011, but would think it would work the same - and I created a contact and then a history and could not delete either...

Are you testing on premium? I think the permission setup with starndard user is different on non permium versions. I've found the securty role definitions where it says standard users can delete their own created contacts. I'll find and post.

~G

About halfway down the page you'll see the chart that shows the ability to delete "My Contacts" as a standard user.

http://kb.sagesoftwareonline.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/15284/~/security-levels-in-act!

Contacts:

Administrator
Manager
Standard
Restricted
Browse
Create/Edit Contacts
X
X
X
X
Delete "My Contacts"
X
X
X
Delete Other User's Contacts
X
X
Move Contact Data
X
X
Manage Other User's Contacts 
(change Record Manager and control access)
X
X
Promote Secondary Contacts1
X
X

X

Thanks,

~G

Bronze Super Contributor

G -

Yes, Premium, as we are in the Premium forum, and your thread heading specifies Premium.

Nextly, clarification - that chart may show that as a "default", but if you go into your standard users' profiles in Manage Users, you can alter their default permissions to remove the "delete records" perm, and then that will also inhibit them from deleting even their own records.  At least it works for me that way.

Sorry I must be missing something. When I review a users details ones that are set as "standard" sercurlity role users I have the option to add or remove additional permissions. On that Permissions screen I see two columns, one for available and one for applied. Users that have "Delete" in the available column but not applied are still able to delete contacts they create. I'm not in front of the system at the moment so my terms might be off but I'm positive about applied and available permissions.

Thanks!

~G

Bronze Super Contributor

G -

Not sure what to say then, as it works a expected on the system/database I have access to.

Next step would be to get in touch with Tech Support if you have a contract and/or delve into the ACT! knowledge base to see what you can find 'cause something don't seem right...