Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Act 2011 Premium Outlook 2010 Email History not attaching.

Tuned Listener

Act 2011 Premium Outlook 2010 Email History not attaching.

I have found that if the user doesn't have local admin rights on laptop the Outlook email histories do not attached to ACT 2011 Premium. Once user is granted Local Admin the Email history is attached to Act. These are remote users who I would like to control what software they are allowed to install in laptop. Anyway around this issue without having to grant them permanent Admin Rights?

When looking at folder permissions of  Roaming\ACT\ACT Data folder the user has full write access.

Thanks,

JA

Copper Elite Contributor

Re: Act 2011 Premium Outlook 2010 Email History not attaching.

Ji JA,.

did you try to give the user temorary local admin rights, then do the setup, and then try again?

regards

Ingo Lange

ACC since 1995
Developer of Addons for ACT

CrmAddon Factory
+1 203 541 0040
Tuned Listener

Ingo,

Admin Rights were granted when i installed both Outlook 2010 and ACT 2011 Premium. Once Admin Rights are taken away and user is back to standard the Email History no longer works. Contacts, and Calender sync between the two work just fine. Only history of email is affected by User Rights.

Thanks,

JA

Copper Elite Contributor

Hi JA,

in older versions we did face issues like this, 

you may want to look at this links, they may be helpfull.

http://kb.swiftpage.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/13815/~/minimum-windows%C2%AE-permissions-for-act!
http://kb.swiftpage.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/27456/kw/minimum%20windows%20outlook,

other than that, you may have to give the user more rights.

i would strongly recomend, to consider a upgrade to the latest version, as the Outlook-integration was completly redone.

regards

Ingo Lange

ACC since 1995
Developer of Addons for ACT

CrmAddon Factory
+1 203 541 0040
Copper Elite Contributor

Any update on this issue? I may have a similar issue with a web user and the Web Integration install. The user does not have local admin rights.

Thanks,

Shannon

Shannon Hawthorne (formerly Taylor)
essentials software
Atlanta, GA