Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Act! 2011 Premium HF2 not attaching emails created in Word 2010

Act! 2011 Premium HF2 not attaching emails created in Word 2010

Emails created in Outlook generate History records in Act! but when doing a Word Mail Merge to send emails, no History records are being recorded in Act!. Client has Outlook 2010 and says at one time it was working fine.

Re: Act! 2011 Premium HF2 not attaching emails created in Word 2010

Apparently there is no Act! History dropdown box on the Outlook Toolbar. However, there are icons on the Toolbar for Quick Attach, Create Act! Activity, etc.

When they are going through the mail merge process, are they making sure that the option to record history is not set to "None"?

Elise O'Pry
Swiftpage
Visit our knowledgebase at http://kb.act.com

As it turns out, the client was launching MS Word 2010 (outside of Act!) and performing a mail merge using an Excel spreadsheet (created by Act!), and telling me that this process was resulting in History records being created in Act!. I don't see how that is possible. No one else does either. Yet the client insisted I had that working for them at one time. The client said other people in the office were doing the same thing successfully. When I asked to remote in to a computer of someone who was doing that, so I could see for myself how that was being accomplished, the client changed her mind and said it wold probably be better to learn how to do a Mail Merge from within Act!. When I walked her through the steps, she admitted it was much simpler, and yes, it did create History records.