Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Act 2011: Hangs for 5 seconds (+/-) when changing status of activities and alarms

Copper Contributor

Act 2011: Hangs for 5 seconds (+/-) when changing status of activities and alarms

Not too much to add.  2010 didn't have this issue.  I like to work fast and deal with many todos and alarms, so this slows me down and disrupts my pace.  Please fix!

Nickel Super Contributor

Re: Act 2011: Hangs for 5 seconds (+/-) when changing status of activities and alarms

I've been testing a theory about this for the last two days. I'm wondering - when you installed ACT! 2011, did you opt to install SQL locally or perform a "typical" installation, or did you choose to perform a custom installation of ACT! and unselect SQL?

If you performed an upgrade, the earlier version of SQL may be on the machine as well - can you verify by:

1. Clicking the Start menu

2. Choosing Run or in the area above the start menu (depending on your OS) type actdiag and hit enter?

3. Click ok on the legal disclaimer

4. Look at the version of SQL that is running, and report that here?

Thank you.

Kristi Smith
ACT! Certified Consultant
kristi@kristismith.com
Copper Contributor

Re: Act 2011: Hangs for 5 seconds (+/-) when changing status of activities and alarms

Microsoft SQL Server 2008 - Express Edition

RTM, Build 10.50.1600.1

Latin1_General_CI_AS

LocalSystem

LPC        

CLR Enabled

Copper Contributor

Make that more like 10 seconds!  My previous version of Act wasn't nearly this slow with regards to changing status of activity items.

Mine is much worse than that...

I have been on with the help line for hours on this subject, the program works fine when it is first opened, but after you send an email from within it everything slows to a crawl...18 seconds on average. if i restart the program it works fine until I send an email again...the the delay starts. My last call in for help they told me they are aware of it and we shouls see a fix in the next couple of weeks. Very frustrating, anyone else having this issue?

Copper Contributor

JNMorg,

We are having the exact same issue. We even sent the database to Sage's database service department with no fix. According to them, "it is working as designed".

We've been using ACT since 2.0 and for the first time are now looking for an alternative.

The newest version appears to be very stable but UnGodly SLOW.  There is no such thing as effeciency with this latest version and having used every version of ACT for over15 years, all I can do is question WHY?  Each version becomes more "Bloated" and performance is now at a snails pace.  I keep upgrading, hoping that they will address this and I keep finding myself suckered once again.  Insanity on my part!  Love the features.....HATE THE PERFORMANCE.  VERY DISAPPOINTED and then just try and find someone who is willing and able to help you?  For the record I have 8GB of RAM and Sage ACT! Pro 2011 Version 13.1.111.0, Hotfix 1.

If anyone has any suggestions on how to improve the performance....please help.

Platinum Elite Contributor

Hello Dale,

There were some performance issues regarding emails, clearing activities and opening the task list. These were resolved in the latest hot fix. Please see KB Article 27440 for instructions and the download.

Greig Hollister

Note: Effective 6/1/13, Sage no longers provides support for the Act! software. This is now provided by Swiftpage.

Hi, we have ACT 2008 & every time I change the dates on my task list my computer hangs for 45 seconds (a big productivity problem). It is only on my system, not the other users. Any ideas?

Platinum Elite Contributor

Hello Lynn,

Welcome to the Sage ACT! Community. If this is only on your machine, then it may be a damaged preferences file. See the section in the second half of KB Article 14770 on how to manually rebuild your ACT! preferences file.

Greig Hollister

Note: Effective 6/1/13, Sage no longers provides support for the Act! software. This is now provided by Swiftpage.