Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Act 2010 notes/history reports prints past bottom margin

Act 2010 notes/history reports prints past bottom margin

Hello all,

I'm having an issue when printing a notes history report. When the report is done and I flip through the pages on the screen, some of the pages with emails run past the bottom margin and off the page. No matter what I do, I can't seem to get it to print on the page. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

Platinum Elite Contributor

Re: Act 2010 notes/history reports prints past bottom margin

I'll bet it also has a blank page before the entry that runs off the bottom af the page.. The report will check to see if the contens of a field will fit on the remaining part of the page. If not it goes to a new page an prints regardless. There isn't any way for the report to do a page break while printing the contes of a field and the email body would be a single field as far as the report is concerned. That can't be changed.

The best is to edit the report template so that the results field is set to the full width of the page. It doesn't fix the problem but makes it occur less often.

Roy Laudenslager
ACT! Certified Consultant
ACT! Report Expert
Durkin Impact Report Designer
www.techbenders.com
royel@techbenders.com
541-343-8129

Thanks for the response...

If I'm understanding correctly, The email  that is being pulled into act, is overriding the report layout?

If so, do you know if this has been fixed in 2012?

Platinum Elite Contributor

No it is subject to the report template format and no it can't be changed. Not an issue of fixing, it can't be changed.

Roy Laudenslager
ACT! Certified Consultant
ACT! Report Expert
Durkin Impact Report Designer
www.techbenders.com
royel@techbenders.com
541-343-8129