Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Act 2010 and add/remove groups dialog box runs very slowly when opening

Copper Super Contributor

Act 2010 and add/remove groups dialog box runs very slowly when opening

I remember this issue in 2009 and it got fixed - albeit it was in the company view Now if in Contacts, in the Groups/Companies tab, I click on Add/Remove Groups - it takes ages for the boxes to populate, I assume due to the inclusion of the Companies in this dialog box It used to be a similar speed issue in opportunities in Act 2009 when clicking on associate with (or even unassociating) a Company would take ages to populate this list. is there a way of fixing this so we can quickly add a contact to a group without waiting ages? Thanks Andy
Andy Kent
Angel Solutions (UK and NZ)
www.angelsolutions.co.uk
Platinum Elite Contributor

Re: Act 2010 and add/remove groups dialog box runs very slowly when opening

[ Edited ]

Hello Andy,
I am not seeing this issue in the current version (ACT! 2012). Some questions:
- How many Companies and Groups do you have?
- How long on average is it taking to load the dialog box?

- Are you accessing the database locally or through a network?
- Are you seeing the same thing in the demo database (ACT2010Demo)?

Greig Hollister

Note: Effective 6/1/13, Sage no longers provides support for the Act! software. This is now provided by Swiftpage.

Copper Super Contributor

Hi Greig Thanks for the reply Companies we have: 205 and 22,624 divisions Groups we have: 20 with 2742 subgroups (mix of static and dynamic) It can take 10 seconds to get control back while it thinks in the background - often the dialog window will say "not responding" until it has done whatever it needs to do in the background - we experienced this before in Act 2009 but a hotfix/patch seemed to resolve this so we haven't experienced this until we upgraded to Act 2010 All of us access remote DBs locally So just as a reminder, this happens in an OPP when we go to groups/companies and use the ADD/REMOVE groups button - the dialog box opens but then seems to take forever to let us do anything Hope this helps diagnose Thanks Greig Andy
Andy Kent
Angel Solutions (UK and NZ)
www.angelsolutions.co.uk
Platinum Super Contributor

ACT! 2010 introduced Opportunities as their own entities, independent of contacts. So, there is a difference in the way 2009 and 2010 Opportunities are handled.

I would believe the delay is due to the number of Companies/Divisions, you can test this by opening the Demo database and testing the process.

Greg Martin
Sage