Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Act! 2010 Premium Quote issues

Act! 2010 Premium Quote issues

Hello,

I am having issues with Act! Premium and MS Office 2007 being able to generate quotes using my templates.  There is some incompatibility on my new laptop and I have not been able to get the issue resolved by my Act! consultants.  Can anyone recommend a good consultant to help me with my issues?  Thanks in advance.

klxrider

Platinum Super Contributor

Re: Act! 2010 Premium Quote issues

Can you provide some more information about the issue? Not sure what you mean by 'compatibility issue'.

Does the default Quote template work?

Are you using a customized quote template? If yes, are you also using an add-on program?

Greg Martin
Sage

Greg,

Here is the issue:

I have a new laptop running Windows 7 HP, Office 2007, and Act! Premium 2010 and I cannot generate a sales quote.  Each time I click the Create Quote button I get the Create Quote dialog box which reads "Adding Quote to document".  The process never finishes and I get a message from Excel that pops up with:

"Excel cannot open the file 'tmp******.xlsx' because the file format or file extension is not valid.  Verify that the file has not been corrupted and that the file extension matches the format of the file." 

After pressing OK I get the following message box from Act!:

"The program used to create this object is Excel.   That program is not installed on your computer.  To edit this object you must install a program that can open this object"

My quote form in Word will then open but the excel table with items and pricing is missing.  My Task manager also opens in the background. 

I have also gone back to Office 2003 but it didn't work either.  I really think it is more of an Office issue than Act!.  Thanks for any help you can provide.

klxrider

Platinum Super Contributor

Thanks for the update - the information may help ring a bell with some of the community members.

You may have already done these steps, but just in case:

The quote is created through both a Word and Excel file (quote.doc and quote.xls) - can you open both of these files independently of Act!?  Meaning, can you use Windows explorer and double click on the files and open them...

If not, open the Act! Demo database and test the quote within it.  If it is able to open/create the quote, it is a sign that the quote template files are corrupted in your main database.  You can then replace the templates in your main database with the copy from the demo database.

Greg Martin
Sage

Yes, I can open both the quote doc and the xlsx files independently in Windows Explorer.  Thanks.