Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Act 2010 Hotfix 4 Installation Error

Copper Contributor

Act 2010 Hotfix 4 Installation Error

I recently upgrade my Act 2009 Premium for Web server to Act 2010 Premium for Web.  The install went fine with no errors and everything appears to work fine.  I then tried to install Hotfix 4 but during the install I received the error below.  Any ideas on what may be causing this?

Just for some extra info this server is running Windows 2003 R2 SP2 and I installed ACT to the D: drive rather than C:.  Not sure if that makes a difference but I thought I would mention it.  Also I checked the version after I received the error and it is showing that Hotfix 4 is installed but I can't see how that is possible when the install never finishes.

Any info is greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

PersonTX

See the end of this message for details on invoking
just-in-time (JIT) debugging instead of this dialog box.

************** Exception Text **************
HotFixWrapper.Exceptions.KeyDoesntExistException: Exception of type 'HotFixWrapper.Exceptions.KeyDoesntExistException' was thrown.
   at HotFixWrapper.AccessINI.GetValue(String Key, String ValueName)
   at HotFixWrapper.HotFixTasks.CopyOutlookIntegrationInstall()
   at HotFixWrapper.HotFixTasks.ProcessHotFix(Boolean isSilent)
   at HotFixWrapper.HotFixTasks.Run(Boolean processAsInstall, Boolean isSilent)
   at HotFixWrapper.HotFixWrapper.btnOK_Click(Object sender, EventArgs e)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Control.OnClick(EventArgs e)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Button.OnClick(EventArgs e)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Button.OnMouseUp(MouseEventArgs mevent)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WmMouseUp(Message& m, MouseButtons button, Int32 clicks)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WndProc(Message& m)
   at System.Windows.Forms.ButtonBase.WndProc(Message& m)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Button.WndProc(Message& m)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Control.ControlNativeWindow.OnMessage(Message& m)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Control.ControlNativeWindow.WndProc(Message& m)
   at System.Windows.Forms.NativeWindow.Callback(IntPtr hWnd, Int32 msg, IntPtr wparam, IntPtr lparam)

************** Loaded Assemblies **************
mscorlib
    Assembly Version: 2.0.0.0
    Win32 Version: 2.0.50727.3603 (GDR.050727-3600)
    CodeBase: file:///C:/WINDOWS/Microsoft.NET/Framework/v2.0.50727/mscorlib.dll
----------------------------------------
HotFixWrapper
    Assembly Version: 12.0.409.0
    Win32 Version: 12.0.409.0
    CodeBase: file:///C:/DOCUME~1/ERIC_R~1/LOCALS~1/Temp/pft16~tmp/HotFixWrapper.exe
System.Windows.Forms
    Win32 Version: 2.0.50727.3053 (netfxsp.050727-3000)
    CodeBase: file:///C:/WINDOWS/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Windows.Forms/2.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Windows.F...
System
    CodeBase: file:///C:/WINDOWS/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System/2.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.dll
System.Drawing
    CodeBase: file:///C:/WINDOWS/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Drawing/2.0.0.0__b03f5f7f11d50a3a/System.Drawing.dll
System.DirectoryServices
    CodeBase: file:///C:/WINDOWS/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.DirectoryServices/2.0.0.0__b03f5f7f11d50a3a/System.Direc...

************** JIT Debugging **************
To enable just-in-time (JIT) debugging, the .config file for this
application or computer (machine.config) must have the
jitDebugging value set in the system.windows.forms section.
The application must also be compiled with debugging
enabled.

For example:

<configuration>
    <system.windows.forms jitDebugging="true" />
</configuration>

When JIT debugging is enabled, any unhandled exception
will be sent to the JIT debugger registered on the computer
rather than be handled by this dialog box.

Platinum Elite Contributor

Re: Act 2010 Hotfix 4 Installation Error

I got the same error and posted it a while ago... but don't think I got an answer.

Haven't had an issue with the server, so I haven't worried about it

Copper Contributor

MIke,

I saw your thread.  So ACT is running fine even though you received this error?

Thanks,

PersonTX

The user hasn't complained... so I assume so :-)

Did you check if the HF was there before applying it? ACT! 2010 is supposed to "slip stream" the latest HF when you install

Maybe it was already there and the HF falls over if it tryies to re-apply?

Copper Contributor

Yes I did check the version before trying to install Hotfix 4.  After the initial upgrade to 2010 it was on Hotfix 1.

Thanks for the info,

PersonTX

Copper Contributor

Does anyone from Sage/ACT monitor these forums and offer suggestions?  Just curious.

Thanks,

PersonTX

JM
Nickel Contributor

I am also having problems with my Windows 7 Prem 64 bit PC with ACT! 12.0 Prem. Hot Fix 4. Installing HF is showing installed, but the log files are showing errors.  Like to know how to login with admin rights if my user login does not have full rights already Answer ID 25495.

JM

We have been able reproduce this issue and are currently looking into it. As in your cases, the build information under Help/About ACT! indicated the hotfix was appplied. Hot Fix 4 for APFW 2010 was designed to address a single issue...web database users were unable to print the address book. After applying HF 4, were your web users able to print the address book? They can do this by clicking the print icon on the toolbar of the contact view.

Greig Hollister

Note: Effective 6/1/13, Sage no longers provides support for the Act! software. This is now provided by Swiftpage.

JM
Nickel Contributor

Greig,

Running ACT! by Sage Premium 2010 Version 12.0.409.0, Hotfix 4 (copied from help about)

I reported to you on 11/10/2009 when testing on my Old Dell "Create new Opportunity for a contact record has no Association". Also during Beta testing this problem was there before hotfix.  I noted even after HF4 your work-around did not help me to create new Oppt record with associated contact name and I can't spend time lookng for contact name and adding the contact into Oppt. record.

I can now say running on my 1.5 year old HP Laptop with a Clean install of windows 7 Prem (64bit) it was Vista 32bit, with Office 2007, and all up dated 64bit drivers / app's that this issue is not a OS, old apps conflict, or Old PC hardware problem.  I will post all this in the other POST and the log file details pasting below sections from my file name "Hotfix2.23.20110_3.6.39.log" I hope helps both the Web user issue and mine of adding new Opportunity record but contact name associated to it will stick.

I think Hotfix not applying correctly or something corrupting DLL is part of the problem because Hot Fix did work for a while on both of my PC's Dell XP Pro (32 bit) and HP Laptop with clean install of Windows 7 Prem (64bit) and even had problems when Vista Prem (32).  Only thing I can think that happened is running Regcleaners while ACT! is installed (did not matter who I've run) CClean, TrendMicro Pro cleaner, Regclean.

JM