Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Act 2010 Contact Synch vs Companies

Act 2010 Contact Synch vs Companies

Hi there.  We are currently close to rolling out Act! 2010 Premium.  I have some questions regarding remote databases

and synching between contacts and companies.

Currently, I have all contacts listed as public.  Our customer service reps all share the same customers.  I create a synch set and remote database for each salesperson.  Since the synch set allows us to specify a territory, this limits them to receiving only their customer contacts...all good!

There doesn't seem to be a way to specify the company territory on a synch set (or any company characteristics for that matter).  So basically, each salesrep receives all companies that are public.   Ideally, I would like to keep all companies public and have the synch set filter the companies for each remote database.  Is there a way to do this? 

Thanks

Benjamin

Silver Contributor

Re: Act 2010 Contact Synch vs Companies

You don't need to use the sync set to control access.  You can set limited access on companies and companies. Basically, the sync set will send the data out, but setting limited access will further limit who can see what.  Be sure and set startup limited access via tools preferences.

Test Drive Act! and Quickbooks over Citrix http://GoTryAct.com

Jon Klubnik| ActTrainer.com
(866)710 4228

ACT! Certified Consultant / ACT! Premier Trainer / ACT! Hosting Provider

Is it possible though to create a sync criteria for companies? On the synch wizard on the drop down all I have as an option is contacts. 

Is there a way to add companies as an option on the sych criteria wizard?

Silver Contributor

No, not the company entity. Sync Set criteria uses the same dialog boxes as groups.

Test Drive Act! and Quickbooks over Citrix http://GoTryAct.com

Jon Klubnik| ActTrainer.com
(866)710 4228

ACT! Certified Consultant / ACT! Premier Trainer / ACT! Hosting Provider