Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Act 2009 new error message when attemption a look up

Act 2009 new error message when attemption a look up

I have been using act since teh early versions in the 1990's the version I am using now is 2009 (11.0.0.367). This has worked fin until recently when I experience a PC virus tha forced me to return to a previous back up. The back up loaded OK and all appears to wrk except when I attempt a look up in Act. It doe not matter what search method I use I get teh same message:

"Systemn. Not AuthorizedAccessExcpetion:Access to path'6B3ea700a717814abaa161976386075b.OH.H' is denied.The code varies from contact to contact but it is baically the same. This is followed by a lengthy list of Errors related System IO. 

I am assuming I ahve a corrupted file and thought of deleating and reinstally but i do not want to lose al my contactc, Templets, etc. By the way the contact list repains populated with all contacts.

Any suggestions?

Platinum Elite Contributor

Re: Act 2009 new error message when attemption a look up

Hello 1nolaguy,
You should be able to resolve this issue using the solution in the following Knowledgebase article. Go to the second half of the article for ACT! 2009 and later:
http://kb.Sagesoftwareonline.com/cgi-bin/Sagesoftwareonline.cfg/php/enduser/std_adp.php?p_faqid=1453...

Greig Hollister

Note: Effective 6/1/13, Sage no longers provides support for the Act! software. This is now provided by Swiftpage.

Re: Act 2009 new error message when attemption a look up

Thanks Greig, It scared teh heck out of me to deleat those files so I saved them in a temp folder. Seems to have solved teh problem. BTW, it took a white to find the files. I am runing Windows 7 and these were found undermy name but not under Local Settings. There were actually two strongname files and two Assem Files but one was empty already.

Thanks for your help.,