Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Act 2009 (Ver 11) New Features & Improvmewnts

Act 2009 (Ver 11) New Features & Improvmewnts

[ Edited ]

Where kind I find a list of the new features and improvements made in Act! 2009 (Ver 11)? The Act/Sage Web page and demo areas talk a lot how the product has improved greatly, but I'd to see a specific list of improvements/changes.

If I just missed it, please point me to the site or PDF link.

The video demo doesn't do it for me. It looks the same.

Thanks,

Message Edited by LarryA on 08-22-2008 01:26 PM
Message Edited by LarryA on 08-22-2008 01:28 PM
Platinum Elite Contributor

Re: Act 2009 (Ver 11) New Features & Improvmewnts

Hi Mike,

I read both of the documents you linked to in your post.

I was amazed that there is not one new feature in Act! 2009.  

The entire upgrade is only enhancements and fixes of existing capabilities. 

The Outlook integration is very new.... and there are some really powerful features in there to improve workflow. If the new version makes my life easier or saves me time, it doesn't matter if it's from a new feature and an enhancement of a current feature.

There are features I'd like to be added, but that's true of nearly every product.

There's nothing I do in Word 2007 that I couldn't do in Word 95. But the new version has made some UI changes that (after I spent the first few weeks looking for basic things) does make it easier to achieve the same.

To me, ACT! 2009 is to the SQL versions of ACT! as ACT! 6.0 was to the CodeBase versions... not a lot new, but a great consolidation and a focus on the things that do make a difference to usability

Mike,

You have convinced me.  I will do a 5 user upgrade on Monday.  I will get back to you on my impressions after I have it running.

Thanks for your patience. 

Now, if only I was being paid for this - or at least have Sage treat me as a partner with value to them :-(

Nickel Contributor

You're certainly a valued part of the ACT community.

Any word on how your QBLink product is coming. I'd be happy to beta the product for you.

Sage seemingly has fallen asleep at the switch with this product's development, and I've got customers asking for it.

Ken Quigley, BA, MCSE, ACC, APT
Toronto, Ontario
www.keystroke.ca

[ Edited ]

Mike,

You are definitely valued in the ACT! Community.  Its contributors like yourself that has made the community successful.

Message Edited by dlunceford on 09-02-2008 09:30 AM

kquigley wrote:

You're certainly a valued part of the ACT community.

Any word on how your QBLink product is coming. I'd be happy to beta the product for you.

Sage seemingly has fallen asleep at the switch with this product's development, and I've got customers asking for it.

In dev.... it's been a long process just picking on the features we want.

dlunceford wrote:

Mike,

You are defiantly valued in the ACT! Community.  Its contributors like yourself that has made the community successful.

Thanks... I have a history of speaking my mind with Sage (or ACT!'s past owners) which some of the staff (especially our local office) seem to take personally.

The product now is great, but Sage's enforced regionalisation does hurt those of us outside North America. The NA guys say it's up to the local offices, but the local offices simply don't have the resources to reinvent everything done in NA. Sage need to realise that many users and consultants operate with databases that are accessed across country and regional boundaries.