Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Act 2009 Un able to aquire Sync Server object / Failed to find mail database

Act 2009 Un able to aquire Sync Server object / Failed to find mail database

I know some of us are still using older versions of act but given these constraints I still need your help. Using Act 2009 I cereated a remote database to send to an associate. He loaded the remote copy and can use it successfully but when he trys to sync with the master databasew he get the following error message: Unable to aquire Sync Server object. Server Error Description: Failed to fine main database [ main data base location string]. COntact your administrator for assistance. I have checked the location string and it matches the MD location. I have also tried to initiate a sync from the MD after checking port to make sure they match on both. When trying to initiate fro the MD I receive the error:  Could not start sync server. AACT! has encountered an error, please check that the sync server port is able to listen for incoming connections.

Any help in solving this is greaty appreciated as the remote DB is close to timing out because it has not been able to sync.

Platinum Super Contributor

Re: Act 2009 Un able to aquire Sync Server object / Failed to find mail database

You mention "send to an associate"... is this person on the same network as you? 

If not, are you using Network sync with IP settings or Internet Sync Service?

Here is an article with possible steps to resolve: KB Article 16533

Greg Martin
Sage