Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Act! 2009 - Remote DB Sync Question

Act! 2009 - Remote DB Sync Question

I've got two remote users set up with their own remote databases that sync to the db on our server.  The sync set for each user is the same and is set to sync all available contacts.  On the server's database I've got 10,434 contacts.  However, one remote user has 7,347 contacts and the other has 8,039 contacts.  I've had the remote users do a 'Synchronize Now', and the number of contacts stays the same.  What's up with the discrepancy between the remote users and the server?...and what's up with the discrepancy between the two remote users?
JM
Nickel Contributor

Re: Act! 2009 - Remote DB Sync Question

ACT 2009 help about what is the version to be sure you have the latest hot fix because version 10.03 was a big over all improvement.

Did you find a couple of ACT records on the server that are not on the remotes and check if set to Private or

If you have admin rights and know how to create remotes sites did you check your Synchronization Panel, Sync Set Tasks (Manage Subscription List) so selected contacts are Sync all Available contacts and that the count matches what you expect in the Server DB count?

JM

Version is 11.1.183.0, Hotfix 1

All records are set to Public.

I guess I don't know how to create remote sites, though I do have admin rights.  When I select "Manage Sync Set" and edit the Sync Set I have set up for all of my remote users, it is set to sync the same number of contacts as the server DB is reporting.

JM
Nickel Contributor

Sorry my mistake I said ver 10.03 which is referenced to ACT 2008.

For 2009 or 11.1 there is Hot Fix 4 which would need to be applied to remotes as well as the Publisher DB (Network/Server system)?

ACT Knowledge base Answer ID# 25657 you should apply even though I don't read your specific record count sync issue.

Are you running Network or Internet Sync?

I'm confused beginning you say you created remote DB's and perfrom sync and it reads like you know how, but than the last reply post you don't know how to create remote sites?

Just to be sure you know all this See Answer ID 14116 how to create remote DB from Publisher DB, #14072, and 21832 to setup Network Sync after you have a VPN like Logmein Hamachi-2.

JM

Well, the problem seems to have automagically taken care of itself - today both remote users have the correct number of records.  Just seems like Act! needed about a day to sync up all the new records (despite me having users do 'Synchronize Now').

Thanks for trying to help though.

JM
Nickel Contributor

That's great.

Besure to go to Tools | Sync Panel and click on View Sync Log it gives you counts of whats done and showing you a sync did not complete.

BTW Go to Programs ACT! Scheduler and setup Auto daily backup's on Publisher and Remote DB's.  Also create a frequent Auto Sync. on the remotes to be more current with records and not have to do manual Sync Now!  Of course they can do manual even when scheduler is setup on remotes.

JM