Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Act! 2009 Premium Databse Errors - Cannot Restore Database

Copper Contributor

Act! 2009 Premium Databse Errors - Cannot Restore Database

[ Edited ]

Hello Everyone,

Just intalled Windows 7 Pro 64-Bit on my computer (Previously using Win XP Home 32-bit). I reinstalled a copy of my Act Premium 2009. Did all the updates and installed the Hotfixes. Then tried importingg the old database ADF file to overwrite the newely created database but with no success. I get this message:

The database "xxxx_2014" cannot be opened becaue it is version 661. This server supports version 612 and earlier. A Downgrade path is not supported. Could not open new database "xxxx_2014". CREATE DATABASEis aborted.

I also tried the RESTORE AS option to unzip my old backup and when I do this the Act software tries extracting the old back up bu then another window opens up with a VERY VERY LONG Message..the first few lines say:act_error.jpg

I just need to restore my old database with all the attachements and all...I would like to mention that my back up is zipped and I also have my old ADF files from the old database/computer. 

Any advise from the community to help resolve this would be much appreciated.

Thank you,

Nickel Super Contributor

Re: Act! 2009 Premium Databse Errors - Cannot Restore Database

Check this KB 27113

But your problem may be that 2009 only works with SQL 2005(?)

Maybe others can chime in..

Rita Kogstad
RKA Associates
Stamford, CT
Copper Contributor

Re: Act! 2009 Premium Databse Errors - Cannot Restore Database

Hi,

Thank you for taking time to reply. I went through those posts...tired installing (Fresh) MS SQL 2008 and 2012..tried to restore the database back..alternatively tried to rewrite a newly converted database with the old one..still give me the error that the old database is version 661 and is not backward compatible....very frustrated here..I always had some problem or the other with ACT..even though Iwas making multiple back ups..seems this eill the the last straw and most probably will look at something else!!

Thanks again!