Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Act 2009 Prem - Opp Manager Quotes??

Act 2009 Prem - Opp Manager Quotes??

Hey guys,

I am stumped.  I have been looking all over the place and can't seem to figure this out.  I have just recently started using the Opp Manager in ACT and really like and use a different program for quoting.  But think I would like to start using ACT for my quotes also.

Where would I find the file that ACT uses for the Quote Template?  Can I edit it to include the proper sales Tax and my Company Logo and stuff?  Right now it generates the address and I have to put in the Sales Tax each time it opens... Plus I don't have a company Logo on the Template.

Any help would be great.

Cheers

Chris

Platinum Super Contributor

Re: Act 2009 Prem - Opp Manager Quotes??

Hello Whitman1973,

Welcome to the Act! Online Community!

You can edit the sales tax on the Quotes template (Quote.xlt).  The Quote.xlt file will be located in your 'Databasename-database files\Templates' folder.  Open it with Excel, update the tax field, then Save As back to the original name and location.

Unfortunately, you cannot permanently change the logo of the template.  That can only be done following the creation of a quote.

Greg Martin
Sage

Thanks I will make the changes to that file for the Sales Tax.

But isn't alittle stupid to not allow the user to put his own company Logo on the quote template?  Wouldn't that be a given??? 

Guess that means I will have to keep using 2 programs for now... Which kind of stinks.  Unless someone has any other options.

Chris

Employee

You could look into QuoteWerks if you're interested in an add-on solution.

Matthew Wood
Act! SDK Support
Community Moderator