Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Act 2009 Flexible Outlook Rules & Act - Attaching emails from outlook to Act contact

NBS
Astute Commentator

Act 2009 Flexible Outlook Rules & Act - Attaching emails from outlook to Act contact

Dear Sir/Madam,

When I attach the email from outlook to Act to create a contact, only contact and email were captured automatically. The rest of the fields has to be type in manually.

My question is: Is there a way for me to have a minimized 'contact view' page on the email window, so that I can cut & paste the info form the email to the contact?

Thank you.

From

CSS  

George
Bronze Contributor

Re: Act 2009 Flexible Outlook Rules & Act - Attaching emails from outlook to Act contact

CSS,

I take if from your message that you would like be able to copy and past from the message to the create a contact window within Outlook.

I believe that this is an Outlook function that once a window is open above a message this disables the ability to switch to copy and paste. What I tend to do is to get the email to where I can see both the message text I want to type into the contact and the entry form.

The major reason not more information is pasted into this form when you select to create a new contact is because the name and email address is all that is transported as part of the email identifier.

Hope this helps

Paul Buchtmann
pbuchtmann@ozemail.com.au Australia
Australia's First ACT Consultant (1989)

FREE Record History to change default to Call or To-Do for ACT! 2010-2012 versions. Custom versions also available.
Platinum Elite Contributor

Re: Act 2009 Flexible Outlook Rules & Act - Attaching emails from outlook to Act contact

Bronze Contributor

Mike onceyou go to create a contact from email in Outlook you cannot switch between the email and the create contact window. You can only do this if you do it via ACT and Outlook
Paul Buchtmann
pbuchtmann@ozemail.com.au Australia
Australia's First ACT Consultant (1989)

FREE Record History to change default to Call or To-Do for ACT! 2010-2012 versions. Custom versions also available.
Platinum Elite Contributor

Sorry... I should have said:

Save the contact with just the email and Alt-Tab between ACT! and the email to complete it.

NBS
Astute Commentator

Hi Paul,

Thanks for the answer.

What we want to do is to be able to copy more information from the our enquiry form to ACT contact. And, how and where can we get both the email and the Contact  to a place where we can cut and paste?

Thanks again

CSS

George
Bronze Elite Contributor

There are 3rd party products that will better handle the task. If you require the creation of a Contact record from submitted information to a web form, the Northwoods Web Prospect application is worth looking at. We find thee products are very easy to use and reliable. Web prospect allows for the parsing of email responses to create a Contacty in ACT! or merge new data to an exisitn record.

Graeme Leo
Xact Software - consultants and developers
Follow us on Twitter and check out our Blog