Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Act 2008 with Office 2010 missing dll files

Copper Contributor

Act 2008 with Office 2010 missing dll files

A KB article directed me to a company called Designer1 for a patch to get act 2008 to work with office 2010 KB 26713. However the patch does not work becuase in my original act install of 2008 several dll files have 0KB in them and need replaced. Does anyone have these and can send them to me to try. Excel.dll / interop.excel.dll / interop.office.dll / interop.powerpoint.dll / interop.vbide.dll / word.dll . If so plese email them to me at wdbucur@bemis.com.

Platinum Elite Contributor

Re: Act 2008 with Office 2010 missing dll files

Hello wdbucur,
I believe that add-on listed in their website is only for ACT! 2010 compatibility with Office 2010.
http://www.designr1.com/shop/act-word-2010/

Did DesignR1 say that it will work for ACT! 2008 compatibility as well?

Greig Hollister

Note: Effective 6/1/13, Sage no longers provides support for the Act! software. This is now provided by Swiftpage.

Copper Contributor

Greg, the tech support at designer 1 was on my pc and said they have used it on Act 2008 a lot, and it is the dll's from original install causing my issues. That I could replace them with any other version dll's or if someone has the 2008 dlls.

Platinum Elite Contributor

Not sure I know what they are looking for. I only see those dll files in the 2008 install directory, not in any other version. And they 0 KB in there as well. i will send them to you so DesignR1 can see if they can work with those

Greig Hollister

Note: Effective 6/1/13, Sage no longers provides support for the Act! software. This is now provided by Swiftpage.