Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Act 2008 over VPN

Nickel Super Contributor

Re: Act 2008 over VPN

In act diag you can right click on the db and chose db fixes. select datastore location and you can cahnge it from machine name to ip

Tom
Tuned Listener

@Tdavis wrote:
In act diag you can right click on the db and chose db fixes. select datastore location and you can cahnge it from machine name to ip

Tom

This would need to be done on the remote PC?
Nickel Super Contributor

Yes
Tuned Listener

When we got into 'actdiag' on the remote machine, it would only show local SQL database instances, so couldn't make the change you recommended
Nickel Super Contributor

Sorry that's my mistake - you should be implementing this on the server
Tuned Listener

I looked and found where to do this on the server, but the OK button grayed-out and so won't really accept a change there. Do I have to lock the DB or something to make the change stick?
Nickel Super Contributor

If it is greyed out I suspect the db isn't shared - open the db and click toold -> database maintenance -> share database

Tom
Copper Contributor

If its greyed out, click on the word I.P. address in the dialog box, its just a little awkward.
Tuned Listener

Eighth time's a charm! That did it. Just have to test performance and see if it will be fast enough. Thank you one and all for your input with this issue.
Copper Contributor

Excellent collaboration to get the problem solved. Good work, everyone. Smiley Happy