Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Act! 2008 for web

Copper Contributor

Act! 2008 for web

We're currently considering the dual access version of 2008.  My question is about the web interface.  Are multiple databases supported via the web interface?  ie, can we point one client to   www.ourserver.com/act:8082 and have that port setup to connect to a certain database, while www.ourserver.com/act:8083 hosts a separate database?   Or are we limited to being able to only access one database? 

I'm assuming act integrates with IIS for hosting the web portion.  Is this correct?

Thanks for any insight you can provide.

Nickel Super Contributor

Re: Act! 2008 for web

Hi,

You are able to host more than one database when using ACT for Web.

Also, ACT for Web does require IIS to function.

I'm inlcuding a link to a kb that has the ACT for Web Admin Guide Attached to it. You might want to take a look at, read over it a little bit. This might help to give you a clearer picture.

Platinum Elite Contributor

Re: Act! 2008 for web

As Amanda said, you can have multiple databases... even with the same URL. No need to confuse users with different ports if you don't need to.

If on the same Virtual Folder, it will gave a pull-down allowing you to select with database or you can create seperate virtual folders (they can be on the same port for ease or firewalls and security if you like.

Yes, it uses IIS