Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Act! 2008/Windows 7 & Resource Dynamics - Helpdesk Software

Act! 2008/Windows 7 & Resource Dynamics - Helpdesk Software

[ Edited ]

I have recently installed Windows 7 on my machine. We run ACT! 208 Premium And Resource Dynamics Telesupport Helpdesk (with ACT! link) software

ACT! installed fine, and seems to be working well

Telesupport Helpdesk works - but with issues regarding the ACT! link - I have contacted them, and they tell me it is a problem with compatability from the ACT! side of the software.

I can search all ACT! contacts from the support desk software, but I am unable to create an enquiry that is linked to that contact. Any ideas what could be causing the probelm?

Message Edited by Ed_Hawkins on 11-05-2009 04:00 AM
Platinum Elite Contributor

Re: Act! 2008/Windows 7 & Resource Dynamics - Helpdesk Software

ACT! 2008 isn't fully compatibile with Windows 7, that's true.

But why you can't do something from their software? I have no idea... you'd need much more infor than you have provided.

Mike,

I am by no means an expert, but I will attempt to give you some more information. Number one - according to you, ACT!2008 isn't officially supported on windows 7 - But I can tell you that it seems to work fine for the limited things i do with it - which is great.

Ok - Telesupport helpdesk uses some sort of link to search the ACT! database, and create enquiries in that system using the contact details from ACT! It will also generate information on the inquiry back in ACT! When I start helpdesk I can connect to thew ACT database, and search it for contacts, no problem at all - but when I create the enquiry (in the helpdesk Systems) it tells me the link cannot be established and opens a blank enquiry.

I am not sure how these add on softwares work, and who develops the link between them (is it you or them) but what I really need to do is establish waht is causing the problem. All of this worked fine in Vista - once I had installed .NET framework 1.1 Sp1 ( Ihave doen this in windows 7 too, but to no avail)

Platinum Elite Contributor

Only they could tell you how they are attempting to make this link and if it might be something in ACT! 2008 that doesn't work for them in Windows 7 or if it's something else.

It's there code trying to do something... only they would know what the problems is.

Astute Commentator

[ Edited ]

Hello Ed_Hawkins

If you are still having issues, then please see our product The Helpdesk...for ACT! at

http://www.cubixsoftware.co.uk/Items.aspx

Any questions then please give me a call on 07931 527191