Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Act 2008 Premium Master Database and Remote discrepancy

Act 2008 Premium Master Database and Remote discrepancy

Hi guys, I have a problem that I can't solve
We're currently using act 2008 premium for web version 10.0.3.182 with hot fix 1 which is attached to SQL 2005 with Sp3 which was upgraded from (Act Premium 2007, that was plagued with the same issue) 
with all the latest windows update.  On a windows 2003 server with r2 sp2
The following symptoms occur:
Our Master Database contains over 18,000+ contacts, when I create a new remote database with selecting all available 
contacts, the remote database consistently contains only 17,500 contacts, also probably related is the fact that some users cannot see each other's opportunities.  Even though date and all users are selected.  Private setting is not checked.
Things I've done:
Via Actdiag:
repair synch objects
Check database
repair 
re index
created a new synch set with record creator criteria
Created a new user, synch set, and remote database
Restored Database from Backup, Master database shows the appropriate number of records but when creating Remote Databases, the discrepancy between the numbers still exists.  
Any ideas would be helpful
Thanks in Advanced.

Platinum Elite Contributor

Re: Act 2008 Premium Master Database and Remote discrepancy

Are you selecting all Users for the remote also? And looking at the total when logged in as the same user on both?

It could be that there are contacts that are Private or Limited Access that aren't being sent

Thanks Mike, for you quick response, in regards to your first reply, yes I do select all available contacts and it does show the correct number of 18,000 + contacts, but when it comes to unpacking and restore the remote database the number of contacts drop down. I'll look further into the Private or Limited access but I believe I have and there is nothing set on this.

Regarding your 2nd post I'll will add that on my to do list as well.

Thanks

All Users (as well as Contacts)... and logged in to both copies as same user