Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Act! 2007 Premium for Web - Wierd problem - displaying (x

Act! 2007 Premium for Web - Wierd problem - displaying (x

I have Vista (no SP1), and about 1-2 weeks ago, some of the contacts in our database started displaying (x instead of phone numbers, and x instead of address information. This only happens for me - the other 5-6 people do not see this. We all log in with the same username/password, so I don't think it is a rights problem. I am wondering if something wierd is going on with my certificate, or something like that. I tried to re-import the certificate, but that did not help.

I tried exporting to excel, but it exports the (x and x for those contacts that have the problem. (not all of them do)

Any suggestions from anyone?
Nickel Super Contributor

Re: Act! 2007 Premium for Web - Wierd problem - displaying (x

What certificate were you trying to re-import?.  Is there any chance you can post some screenshots for me to look at.

Tom

Here goes:

The certificate is the security thing the website wants us to have.

I have a jpg of the contact list screen. The highlighted contact (Mayfair Dental), is one of the ones I have the problem with. You can see the phone number and address fields in the list.

When I click on the contact to go to the details page, it actually fills them in normally, then goes back and changes them to X's (as you will see in the contact page screen shot.

It is definitely a wierd phenomenon.  Sometimes, I get a IE had to stop - do you want to look for a solution and restart, or just restart popup. All of this is using IE 7. I have all critical updates (except I do not have SP1 for Vista).

Thanks for any light you can shed on this!

Meg

Nickel Super Contributor

Hi Meg,
Stange problem indeed, I have never seen this before.  Does this happen if you log in as a different user on the same pc?

Tom

I Created a test user (an admin), and logged in, and yes, it still happens. It is very wierd, and I even tried downloading (export to Excel) the contact list, and the download has the x's in it!

I really don't want to re-install my OS. Someone was telling me about a reset for IE7, I will try that and see what happens.

If anyone has any suggestions, I would be more than happy to try them!

Meg
Platinum Elite Contributor

While I can't see why this would matter ... ACT! 2007 Premium was not tested with Vista and this might be a possible cause.

Have you tried the demo database and see if the same thing happens?

How about if you try a different layout?

I also would not recommend having multiple users logging in with as same user it can cause record locking issues.