Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Act! 18 and Office 365 Click to Run installation compatibility.

Highlighted
Silver Super Contributor

Re: Act! 18 and Office 365 Click to Run installation compatibility.

Repairing Office might fix it.  I believe that Microsoft has slipped a few updates into the repair process.  If you haven't given that a try give it a try.

If that doesn't work contact me offline.  I'm going to see if I can create an application that will fix Office integration issues with Act!.  My time won't be billable and you've got a good shot at getting it to work if I help.  Basically what I'm going to do is see if I can figure out what is really causing the various problems that can crop up when integrating Act! and Office and then create a program that will fix the root cause of the various problems.  It will probably take me a while to develop a universal fix but perhaps it will relieve some of the frustrations of some of our Act! users.  :-)

Stan

If you would like to get more out of ACT! you can find an ACT! Certified Consultant near you by going to:www.act.com/acc.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Stan Smith
ACT! Certified Consultant
ADS Programming Services, Inc.
(205) 222-1661
www.adsprogramming.com
www.actwebhosting.com
Click Here to Purchase Act!
Highlighted
Copper Contributor

I've tried the quick repair, I've tried fresh installs, nothing seems to want to make the integration work properly. It still takes a few hours for the sync to complete after I initially get an error "Unable To Connect To Outlook". this error only happens when Outlook isn't running. When outlook is running and then I run the sync contacts, the error doesn't occur but the same result - 2-3 hours to fully sync my contacts. It seems to get delayed at the "Getting contacts from Outlook" stage.
Highlighted
Silver Super Contributor

Unless you have a considerable number of contacts the sync should be quite a bit less that 2-3 hours.  I'm not sure what could be making it run that slowly.  2-3 hours is an eternity for a computer that processes 3 million or so instructions per second.  It sounds to me like it is probably doing something and then waiting on a response that eventually fails and then moving on to the next record.  I'm sure fixing it once we know what the problem is would be simple.  Figuring out the real problem might take a little while though.   Contact me offline and we'll set up a remote session so i can take a look at it and see what is going on.

Stan

If you would like to get more out of ACT! you can find an ACT! Certified Consultant near you by going to:www.act.com/acc.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Stan Smith
ACT! Certified Consultant
ADS Programming Services, Inc.
(205) 222-1661
www.adsprogramming.com
www.actwebhosting.com
Click Here to Purchase Act!
Highlighted

Hi Stan,

Have you found a solution? I am also using Act! and Outlook 365 and it doesn't seem to talk to one another at all...

Thanks!

Highlighted
Silver Contributor

It seems to me that this problem is becoming a deal breaker and critical to the future of ACT. If Swiftpage do not have the resources to fix it then let Stan or Tom Wilkman enter into an arrangement PDQ. I feel Swiftpage are struggling in some areas and maybe now is the time for some lateral thinking to keep up with software development issues.

Highlighted

I'm running into issues running Act 18 on Windows 7 with Microsoft Office 365.  Have tried every fix Tech Support has given me to try.  My Act somehow converted all my Microsoft Word .adt files to adts which is a video transport protocol.

So far Tech Support has been slow over 8 hours and offers zero.

Very frustrating for someone who has used Act for 20+ years.  Never run into this type of time robbing issue before.

Going on 4 weeks of frustration now.

Highlighted
Copper Contributor

I feel your pain and your frustration - we are in the same boat, to the point where we are seriously considering other solutions. All of this software seems to be still in beta and not ready for prime time.

I'm using the web version and simple things don't even work:

- takes over a minute to login
- can't consistently change fonts for notes/history items nor change the default font
- random log outs

It's a disaster, from top to bottom - shame because my gut instinct was to go with Salesforce or Microsoft Dynamics, I should have listened to my gut.
Highlighted
Employee

[ Edited ]

Hello Mike,

Thanks for posting on our forum.

This issue is caused when an ADT file has been associated with another program. Sometimes this occurs when you click on an ADT directly (outside of Act) and choose a different program from the list. You should be able to solve the issue though - you need to tell the PC which program to associate with ADT files.

I've recreated the issue on Window 7 and recorded a short video that shows the steps to resolve it. You will see the link to the video below.

http://screencast.com/t/lqaSfZhESUB9

Thanks

Mark

Highlighted
Bronze Elite Contributor

What is the latest on Act! compatibility with Office 2016 Click-to-Run (Office 365), will it be made compatible and when? The current status as of today and as per the Swiftpage knowledge base items is that Office 365 installed as Click-to-Run is NOT supported. Given that there appears to be now NO alternative .msi as a download that is publicly accessible, this becomes an urgent problem to address.  

Graeme Leo
Xact Software - consultants and developers
Follow us on Twitter and check out our Blog

Highlighted
Silver Contributor

This is now a deal breaker for a real 15 user ACT Premium installation I am quoting on. Will have to walk away if there is no solution!