Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Act 16 Sql?

Act 16 Sql?

Hi I have no clue why it the only SQL istance ActEmailMessageStore  on that server every thing else run on  main server that run act db expect that one  

What is the usage of that Datebase and can I move it the main sql  I noticed if stop it sql failed to loaded

If so what  config  file would point to that cause I original did client install  install so not sure where that datebase came from mind you some else did reinstall act 

Administrator

Re: Act 16 Sql?

Hi Andy,

I hope I have understood what you are asking:

It's a local database used to run Internet mail, it is supposed to local to the Act installation on the client machine. There's no need to move it.
If you aren't using Internet mail locally, and SQL is running on the server, then you can uninstall SQL from the local machine without affecting anything else.

Hello Gary by local I meant it run on terminal services  it  virtual desktop hosted

If I stop it act stop working   but the main act db is run on server the host act db

as in

server = act + sql

terminal server = act client install + any they sql instance that just has the actemail store

I am assume they config file to point to the act email db to terminal server and not the one act db  but the pad file is point at main server run act7 db instance

Administrator

The ActEmailMessageStore database will be created on each machine with SQL installed. This can't be moved onto another machine, and does not need its location changed.
It can safely be ignored unless you are using Act Internet Mail, in which case it is required on the machine where Act Internet mail is being used.

Are you saying that if you stop the local ACT7 instance, you are unable to open the database even though SQL is running on the server?

yes that is correct if stop act just crash on opening yes amd i know the act7 instance is on server run sql
Administrator

Hi Andy,

This is quite an unusual scenario. I would suggest speaking to either one of our Act Certified Consultants for technical support, or our tech support team at Swiftpage to get more in depth assistance in your own language.
You can locate an ACC local to you using our website: http://acc.act.com