Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Act 11 won't reinstall

Tuned Listener

Act 11 won't reinstall

I have Act 6 and (had) Act11 on a computer running xp rel 3.  Had a system crash and act 11 wouldn't work anylonger.  Tried to uninstall, but there was no entry in control panel.  Used the uninstall program from knowledge base. It crashed.  Tried the manual uninstall, went through and deleted all act directories and ran a registry scrubber, still get an error that there is a version of act installed and it must be removed.  I think someone here got a private message about how to fix this.  HELP
Nickel Elite Contributor

Re: Act 11 won't reinstall

Try using the WIndows Installer Cleanup utility:

http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx/kb/290301

Remove the ACT! 11 entry and reinstall.

Please post your results

thanks

Matthew McFadden
Tuned Listener

Already tried that it didn't work
Nickel Elite Contributor

You indicated that an uninstall utility was used and it crashed.  What utility are you referring to and is this one you have based your response from?

thanks

Matthew McFadden
Tuned Listener

I have used an act uninstall utility from the knowledge base here.

I have also used the microsoft install cleanup.

I have followed the instructions in the manual act 11 uninstall knowledge base article.

The act unintall utility terminates with an error that it cannot find something.

With microsoft install cleanup I deleted act 11 and sql for act

Everytime I try to reinstall it tells me I have a version of act already installed.  I tried removing Act 6 but that didn't work either.  Is there not some utility that will strip the registry of all act6 and act 11 files.  \

Also, I have winfax and faxmanager installed, but have not as of yet removed them.