Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Act 11 will not open after update to 11.1

Accepted Solution Solved
Copper Super Contributor
Accepted Solution

Act 11 will not open after update to 11.1

I updated to 11.1 Hotfix 1 on the host computer.  Seemed ok.

Updated on one of the remotes.  Converting the db seemed to occur very rapidly, much more so than on the host although the db is identical.  After the installation, ACT would open.  But when trying to sync using NetworkSyc, I consistantly receive error "Could not load file or assembly 'Act.Framework, Version 11.1.183.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=ebf6b2ff4d08aa' or one of its dependencies. The system could not find the file specified."

After searching the web, I gathered that somehow Network Sync had not been upgraded on the host. So I uninstalled and reinstalled NetworkSync 11.1 and then applied the HotFix 1 again.  Now Act itself will not open on the host computer. And I see the same error:  "Could not load file or assembly 'Act.Framework, Version 11.1.183.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=ebf6b2ff4d08aa' or one of its dependencies. The system could not find the file specified."

Any suggestions?

Thanks,  - mike

Accepted Solutions
Solution
Accepted by topic author mikeclarkusa
‎09-25-2015 03:20 AM
Copper Super Contributor

Re: Act 11 will not open after update to 11.1 - Success after separate update of Network Sync!

I enabled Synchronize|Accept Incoming Syncs and the remote is now able to sync.

Thank you sincerely for your help.

View solution in original post

All Replies
Copper Super Contributor

Re: Act 11 will not open after update to 11.1

Attempt #2

Host computer:  Uninstalled and reinstalled ACT and then updated.  Act seems to be working ok now.

Remote computer:  Uninstalled and reinstalled ACT and then updated to HotFix 1. Act db loads ok as before.  But cannot network sync.  I see the same error:  "Could not load file or assembly 'Act.Framework, Version 11.1.183.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=ebf6b2ff4d08aa' or one of its dependencies. The system could not find the file specified."

Again any suggestions?

Thanks,  - mike

Mike,

When you open ACT! Network Sync Service on the server, what version does it say in the bottom right?

Copper Super Contributor

I don't have a server.  Just a host computer and remotes. Is it correct to look at properties of the application in the ACT Network Sync folder to see the file version?

Act.Framework.Synchronization.Service.UI.exe

File version: 11.0.367.0

Copper Super Contributor

Attempt #3

Created a new Remote DB and opened it on the remote computer.  Same error.

Ok, you're still using the old version of Network Sync Service.  View the KB article below to download ACT! Network Sync 11.1

How to Obtain the Latest Version of the Network Sync Service for ACT! by Sage Premium 2009 (11.0)

Copper Super Contributor

I tried this before.  After installing Network Sync 11.1 on top of HotFix 1, ACT would not even open on the host computer.  It gave the same error as I wrote in my first message below.

Also, why wouldn't the updates automatically upgrade the necessary supporting applications like NetworkSync?

In any case, I will try the manual Network Sync update again.

Copper Super Contributor

After upgrade

Act.Framework.Synchronization.Service.exe   version 11.1.183.0

Act.Framework.Synchronization.Service.UI.exe  version  11.1.183.0

Solution
Accepted by topic author mikeclarkusa
‎09-25-2015 03:20 AM
Copper Super Contributor

Re: Act 11 will not open after update to 11.1 - Success after separate update of Network Sync!

I enabled Synchronize|Accept Incoming Syncs and the remote is now able to sync.

Thank you sincerely for your help.