Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Act 11 corrupts Word 2003 normal.dot

Act 11 corrupts Word 2003 normal.dot

If I load Act or Outlook 2003, they corrupt the normal.dot file. The result is that the Act menu selection in Word show a list of mobile devices registered on this computer (!). If I close all three programs, and delete normal.dot, and then re-open Word, the problem goes away, until the next time I open Word AFTER having opened Act (the sequence matters). However, if I open Word with a clean normal.dot and then open Act and or Outlook, I do not have this problem. This is why it seems that Act is corrupting Word normal.dot. Has anyone else experienced this? What is Act doing to normal.dot and how can I fix this?
Loyal Listener

Re: Act 11 corrupts Word 2003 normal.dot

We were having the same issue, but I had attributed it to recently installed Microsoft Office Updates. I had not associated it with ACT! Our issue seemed to happen when using Word as the default mail editor in Outlook.

After deleting the normal.dot template and removing the registry entries from previous versions of Microsoft Office, kb319796, we have not had any more issues.

L Harris

Loyal Listener

Re: Act 11 corrupts Word 2003 normal.dot

[ Edited ]

Well, I guess my solution is not a permanent one. Unfortunately we received errors again this morning. Not sure about the sequence of opening applications, but the user received the error message that "Word capacity is too full". When the user closed out of word she was prompted to save changes to normal.dot.

Now when she starts up her computer she gets an error that "Word memory could not be restored." Today we will try opening Word first to see if the error presents itself again or not.

I have not found any answers on Microsoft Website yet, but will keep looking. Anyone else having this issue?

Message Edited by lharris@synergeticsolutions.com on 02-27-2009 07:45 AM